- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
- NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes Expands Management Team with Appointment of Adam Lynch as Vice President, Corporate Development and External Affairs
- Marketing 2.0 Conference Is Coming To Dubai In 2022
"This grant award is the culmination of many, many hours of collaborative work between City staff, alders and community partners. It's especially affirming to receive it because applications were evaluated on factors such as leadership capacity and youth collaboration. With the benefit of these funds, we will continue collaborating to reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness. I look forward to improving our ability to partner with young people as they work to secure stable housing," said Mayor Rhodes-Conway.
The YHDP grant also positions the community to take advantage of funding that Mayor Rhodes-Conway has committed in the 2022 Capital Budget to develop permanent housing to serve youth aging out of the foster care system and facing the prospect of becoming homeless.
Gloria Reyes, Briarpatch Executive Director said, "Briarpatch is excited for the opportunity to work in collaboration with our community to elevate the issue of youth homelessness in our community and to develop a comprehensive plan that will support and reduce youth experiencing homelessness and obtain sustainable housing. This funding opportunity allows us to proactively prevent homelessness in our community." Briarpatch, celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year, is a non-profit partner dedicated to service youth and families in crisis in Dane County.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- TW Vending, Inc. Acquires Kimble's Food By Design, Inc
- Kohler Co. Commemorates 148th Anniversary with New Line of Legacy-Inspired Apparel: KOHLER Heritage Collection
- IaaS Tech Company StrongNode.io and Social Impact Gaming Ecosystem Original Gamer Life Name OIG Oracles Investment Group as Key Partner
- StrongNode.io Connects with Block0 for Strategic Partnership in Building the Future of Digital Connectivity
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
Madison's District 6 Alder Brian Benford, who was active in the process of applying for this grant said, "I am incredibly happy to see this grant coming to our community. My work with youth for the past three decades has shown me that the need for permanent housing to serve youth aging out of the foster care system is a great one. This grant is a recognition of work that many organizations and partners have done over the years. It will provide us the boost to create a stronger safety net for our youth."
HUD awarded $142 million to 33 communities; Madison/Dane County was one of only 22 non-rural communities selected. Youth with lived-experience helped HUD evaluate the nearly 100 applications to ensure that funds were awarded to applicants that understand the needs and preferences of the young people they will serve. Communities selected by HUD to receive funding now have six months to prepare a coordinated community plan.
- Katie Crawley, 608-335-7071, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Reyes, 608-245-2550, email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Marcus Theatres® Announces Superhero Ticket Sales of "Spider-Man: No Way Home"
- Johnson Controls makes high-efficiency, sustainable HVAC more accessible with new residential leasing program
- Emmi Roth Expands Its Range of Specialty Cheeses With Addition of Athenos
- Zmark Legal Offers Trademark And Amazon Services
- Brian Pearl and Vincenza (Vini) Antonacci of The Pearl Antonacci Group were Named to RealTrends + Tom Ferry America's Best Real Estate Profe
- PartsBadger Ranks No. 525 on Inc. Magazine's Annual Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Sociopreneur, Maya Miranda Ambarsari Presents a Business Information and Authentic Data Platform for Global Markets
- India's FSSAI Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- Drake Software and National Association of Tax Professionals present second free roundtable discussion in preparation of the 2022 tax season
- Natural Capital Partners Certifies 4imprint as a CarbonNeutral® Company
- ScanPro® All-In-One™ wins international award for top microfilm imaging solution
- Public Allies Receives $10M From MacKenzie Scott And Dan Jewett
- E | N | L is Now Offering Multiple Acrylic Systems!
- Nola Blue Records signs The Love Light Orchestra
- Female Entrepreneur Who has Secured $17M in Funds Offers Free Grant Writing Training to Nonprofit Organizations and Small Businesses
- O3 Industries acquires Gumtree UK and Motors.co.uk, two leading online classifieds marketplaces
- Yoav Blat Offers Technology-based NYC Real Estate Services Knitted in Human Relationships
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!
- Call options activity on Nvidia stock is unusually high
- Teamsters Joint Council 39 Endorses Josh Kaul For Wisconsin Attorney General