All Madison residents should be counted based on where they live most of the time as of April 1. "Snowbirds" who live in Madison for most of the year should be counted here, even if they are not in Madison today. Similarly, students attending UW-Madison should complete the census with their Madison address, even if they have left the city due to COVID-19.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- Pioneer Metal Finishing announces launch of Surface Engineering Academy™
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
"COVID-19 has resulted in a shift to online instruction, but even if Badgers are not back on Campus, UW students should fill out the 2020 Census as Madison residents," said Brenda Gonzalez, UW-Madison's Director of Community Relations and member of both the City and State 2020 Census Complete Count Committees. "The UW is working with the Census Bureau to make sure students who were living in residence halls are properly counted. We are also reaching out to students living in off-campus housing, as well as their parents, to make sure students fill out the census as Madison residents."
While COVID-19 has eliminated in-person events, the City continues to reach out to communicate the importance of the census electronically, via neighborhoods, Community Partners, the Complete Count Committee, and others.
"Over $675 billion in federal funds are distributed every year to communities across the country based on the census," said Rhodes-Conway. "These are resources that will prove vital in our long-term recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- LatinoPro sets its sites on tripling their growth in 2020 amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth
- Stratum Nutrition® Welcomes Kyle Haws as Regional Operations Manager
- Dove Bennett Teams up With Local West Covina Residents to Provide Hot Meals During Quarantine
- Clutch Energy Hires New General Sales Manager
As of March 31, Wisconsin was leading all states in response rate, but still only 44.3% of mailed census invitations in the state have been completed. Dane County's rate was slightly higher, at 49.9%, with the City of Madison at 47.9%. The 2020 Census can be completed online at my2020census.gov, by phone, or by mail. Residents should complete the census in April to avoid an in-person follow-up visit from a Census Bureau employee later.
"Please help Madison and Dane County achieve a complete count by taking the census today and encouraging your friends, family, and colleagues to as well. It has never been easier to respond," said Rhodes-Conway.
- Ben Zellers608firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- CRH Healthcare hires Veteran Operator as COO
- Onlive Server Launched Japan VPS Hosting with Cloud Computing Control Panel
- Student Essay Contest, Hosted By Humanist Canada, Call for Submissions
- Coherent Logix Joins the Edge AI and Vision Alliance
- Employers, drivers must meet federal DOT drug testing guidelines
- Nature is calling… pack up your gear
- Badger Sheet Metal Works is a versatile fabrication shop
- Bid4Assets to Host First-Ever Online Tax Sale for Nye County, Nevada Treasurer
- Sleep dentistry can improve oral health as well as sleep quality
- AI.Reverie Wins AFWERX Phase 1 SBIR Award From U.S. Air Force to Enhance Intelligence-Gathering
- NACCE seeks 10 Community Colleges for Continuation of Pilot Phase II with Intuit
- Family-Owned All Volleyball Announces First Two Recipients of Covid-19 Fundraiser Proceeds
- Pandemic reduces car crashes but speeding related accidents surge
- Why Off the rack wedding dresses in Sacramento is a good choice for future brides?
- Disobedient Nation, Disobedient People, Evil They Are! Synonym: Agents of Destruction By Joe Simon
- Scott Z. Burns, Pamela Adlon, A.R. Rahman, Bonnie Wright Highlighted 1st Hollywood Digital Climate Summit By Young Entertainment Activists (YEA!)
- Running While Black - National Black Marathoners Association's Response
- Strategy9 Announces the Release of Queue Manager - virtual SMS-based waiting system
- IAOP Announces Partnership to Offer "The Contract Professional's Playbook eLearning Certificate Program"
- Cloudpin Enables Users to Share with Anyone Around Them