- Kyle Martino To Speak About Over Under Iniative With SoccerChat at Keeper Goals Booth
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
LORC was appointed by the Common Council to revise the Historic Preservation Ordinance. General revisions to the ordinance were adopted in 2015, and the Committee began working on this set of revisions in 2017. The Committee is now seeking additional public input on the revisions.
LORC Chair, Ald. Keith Furman (Dist. 19) said, "The Committee has worked diligently over 34 meetings to develop an ordinance that will provide clear and consistent standards and processes to the benefit of all users. We appreciate the many perspectives shared during the process that helped LORC understand the complexities of the current ordinance to develop what we feel is a model that will serve the city for years to come."
Three public meetings have been scheduled to provide an overview of the proposed changes and an opportunity to comment on the draft ordinance. LORC will consider input received in finalizing the draft ordinance before forwarding it to the Common Council for adoption, which is anticipated in late March. The scheduled public meetings and their respective topics are listed below:
- All Districts / General Public Meeting: Thursday, February 3 - 6:30 pm
- Development Professionals + Contractors Meeting: Monday, February 7 - noon
- New Construction Meeting: Thursday, February 10 - 6:30 pm
These will be virtual meetings and the public is invited to attend any of them. Participants will need to register in advance using instructions posted on the project website (below).
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- The Ultimate Valentine's Day Jewelry Gifts Guide for Her
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
Anna Andrzejewski, Chair of the Madison Landmarks Commission, said, "The current ordinance includes different sets of standards for each of the five local historic districts and has evolved piecemeal over nearly five decades. The Landmarks Commission's goal of preserving Madison's unique historic resources will be best served by a more clear and consistent set of standards that reflect current preservation best practices."
To view the draft ordinance, learn more about the process and additional input opportunities, complete a survey on the revisions, and more, please visit the project website: www.cityofmadison.com/historicpreservation
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison Food Policy Council Announces 2022 SEED Grants Cycle
- Madison: Snow Emergency Continues Tonight
- Triumph Technology Solutions (Triumph Tech), announced today Amplify
- December 2021 Home Sales Report
- DeliverHealth brings the future of consumer-centered, digital care into focus with addition of award-winning patient engagement suite
- Does God Love Me, I Don't Feel It?
- Torres Trade Advisory and Vazquez Tercero & Zepeda Join Forces to Help U.S. and Mexican Companies Navigate Trade and Regulatory Compliance
- Rockwell Automation Names Gina Ayala Claxton President for Americas Region
- Quality In Flow (QinFlow) awarded Patient Blood and Fluid Warming agreement with Premier, Inc
- Plastic Bank Stops 2 Billion Plastic Bottles from Entering the Ocean, Partnership with SC Johnson Accounts for Half of the Total
- Spades New Biotech is a Game-Changer in Climate Change
- Texas Arena League (TAL) Excited to Add Military Arena Polo Tournaments to 2022 Roster of Events; Dates and Locations Released
- Madison Declares Snow Emergency
- We are the go-to Marketing Consultant Team
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- Strategic Benefits Advisors, Inc. Data Breach Triggers Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
- MGE Energy Declares Regular Dividend
- The K-9 officers protecting Madison need community support for new gear
- Everlight Solar: A Year of Giving and Growing