On Thursday, January 23, the City released a draft of the Oscar Mayer Special Area Plan. The plan provides an exciting vision and a framework to guide the evolution of the Oscar Mayer site and surrounding area into a unique and vibrant northside destination. The plan incorporates a variety of new housing options, employment opportunities, open space and recreational options - all integrated with an enhanced transit system, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and a more connected street network.
The plan is the result of a two-phase planning process that began in 2018. In the first phase, a 13-member City-appointed Committee developed the Oscar Mayer Strategic Assessment that set the vision for the future of the area. The Special Area Plan builds on that work and serves as a detailed guide to inform future development and infrastructure investment in the area to achieve the vision.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Cardinal Point Homeland Security Group - First Company Authorized in Pennsylvania to Provide School Security Personnel Training
- Lemke Rolls to Bowling Greatness
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Danny Wimmer Presents on Major Investment from The Yucaipa Companies
- HeroPlex Announces Appointment of a New Member to its Advisory Board
- Cresa Completes Sale in Fitchburg to Bring Community to Former Industrial Property
Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway said, "This plan builds on the vision established by the Oscar Mayer Strategic Assessment Committee, creating significant economic opportunities for Madison's diverse residents, adding much needed housing and leveraging our current and future transit investments to achieve a more sustainable future."
City of Madison staff and the consultant team (Vandewalle & Assocciates and EQT By Design) will host at a Public Open House on the draft plan on January 30 at the newly renovated 910 Oscar at OM Station (the former Oscar Mayer office building) (details below).
Oscar Mayer Special Area Plan Open House
Thursday, January 30, 2020
910 Oscar at OM Station (910 Oscar Avenue)
The draft plan is available on the project webpage: www.cityofmadison.com/oscar-mayer/
If you have any questions, please contact Dan McAuliffe, City of Madison Planning Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-261-9676.
- Dan McAuliffe261email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- PODS® Wisconsin offers moving and storage solutions for local businesses
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- During March, Bethesda issues challenge to #IncludeAllAbilities
- Stange Law Firm, PC Partners are proud to present a CLE for the National Business Institute
- Evolve IP Expands Global Leadership in Hospitality Industry
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Impact Investments Partnerships
- Small Businesses can Deliver Big at Checkout with Clover Station Pro
- Digital Media Solutions Pledges To Become Carbon Negative In 2020
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Carlson Electric Awarded Renewable Business of the Year
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- Madison: Voter ID Requirements for the Presidential Primary
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing