A draft of the City's first comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan is now available. The Historic Preservation Plan Advisory Committee, City staff, and a team of consultants have been working to develop the plan over the past two years.
The Historic Preservation Plan strives to identify, celebrate, and preserve the places that represent our collective histories, with an emphasis on historic resources associated with underrepresented communities. It provides a comprehensive framework to guide future activities, including strategies to 1) more effectively lead and integrate historic preservation into public policy, 2) utilize existing land use, zoning, and development standards to support preservation, 3) explore educational and promotion partnerships, 4) capitalize on economic development and financial incentives, 5) highlight sustainable building practices, and 6) encourage heritage tourism.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
- InFlight Labs Develops FIRST "GADSS" Aircraft-wide Remote Control for ELT, SATCOM, and ADS-B Distress Tracking Systems
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
An Open House will be held on November 20 to provide an opportunity for the public to learn more about the plan and provide comments on the draft. Open House details are below:
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Place: Garver Feed Mill
3241 Garver Green
Madison, WI 53704
Comments received at this meeting will be considered by the Historic Preservation Plan Advisory Committee at its final meeting, scheduled for December 18, 2019. After that, the plan will be reviewed by the Landmarks Commission and several City boards, commissions and committees. The Common Council is expected to adopt the final plan in early 2020.
- Heather Bailey, Preservation Planner266.firstname.lastname@example.orgBill Fruhling, Principal Planner267.email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- McCorkle Litigation Services, Inc., Chicago to remain independent
- John Gilbert of Rudin Management to Keynote at Connected Real Estate Summit
- Sage IT celebrates milestone with Forbes Technology Council
- Is "Trump and His Magic Wand" really worth 150 Million?
- Kiva Greater Madison funds $100,000.00 in Microloans to Small Business in 2019
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- Associated Banc-Corp Announces Stock Repurchase Program
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service, LLC Celebrates 10th Year in Business
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Nonwoven calendering performs crucial steps in manufacturing
- A modern conference table can make you fall in love with meetings again
- Madison: Public Statement of the Board of Police and Fire Commissioners
- Winter is emergency furnace repair season in Green Bay
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence