"It is very gratifying that Madison continues to receive a Aaa Bond Rating which reflects our city's long-term stability and favorable business climate," said Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway. "I am committed to continued cooperation between my office, city staff and the Common Council to ensure we make the tough decisions necessary to deliver the results our residents expect while exercising prudent fiscal management."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Design and Order Name Badges Online with New Online Virtual Name Badge Designer
- Local Abstract Artist Offers New Painting for One Million Dollars
- DMS Recognized For Its Steady Growth With Seventh Consecutive Spot On Inc. 5000 List As It Transitions From Private To Publicly Held Company
- The Rich Get Richer... By Design
- MIRAmedtech and Bio-Infusions Join Forces in Bringing Aesthetic Medical Innovations to the USA
Moody's cited a stable and diverse economy, sound financial operations and a history of healthy reserves as well as manageable debt and pension burdens among the city's strengths. Analysts noted however that challenges include strict levy limits that reduce the city's revenue raising flexibility for operations. The service also noted that sound financial operations benefit from strong budgetary control and stable reserve levels. They report that the city's sound financial profile is expected to continue due to the presence of healthy reserves, including the Water Utility's repayment of the cash advance from the city's General Fund in December 2018.
The rating confirms market confidence in the city's economic condition and the Mayor and Council's fiscal management. Moody's identified three conditions that could change the rating down in the future – significant increases in fixed costs, including debt service, weakening of the city's tax base and resident income levels, and material declines in operating reserves and liquidity, including the financial condition of the Water Utility.
- David Schmiedicke267-8710
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- OL NA-TRUE-L Immune Booster "Attack Coronavirus Before It Attacks You"
- Inc. Magazine Unveils Its Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies—the Inc. 5000
- Durham Record Label Maison Fauna Announces Its First Release
- Madison: Demolition of Government East Garage to start week of August 17th
- Public Health Madison & Dane County Announcing Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
- Madison: Provisional Voters: Get Your Ballot Counted!
- AUA Announces Agreement with Texas's Schreiner University
- CMS issues the First Ever Guidance on Remote Patient Monitoring for proposed 2021 Physician Fee Schedule
- American Economy A Race To the Bottom
- Home Cooking – And Food Waste Cost – Both Impact Consumers As They Adapt To Pandemic Life
- Smokescreen eyes a larger share of the global cybersecurity pie; appoints Preekshit Gupta as Head of Sales – India, MEA, and, APAC
- Evolve IP® Named For Eighth Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on the Eastside Shooting
- Arrow Organics Reveals 20:1 CBD to THC Product Line
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Launches New Service: Rapid Deployment Solutions
- Madison: Press Advisory: Stop the Violence & Protect our Youth
- Titletown Manufacturing works with customers to create perfect parts
- Vizient Awards Contract to Surfacide for UV-C Solution That Can Help Hospitals Combat COVID-19
- Annual MSP 501 Identifies Best-in-Class Global MSP Businesses & Leading Trends in Managed Services
- Robinson's new portable fuel trailer is a hit at the lake