"It is very gratifying that Madison continues to receive a Aaa Bond Rating which reflects our city's long-term stability and favorable business climate," said Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway. "I am committed to continued cooperation between my office, city staff and the Common Council to ensure we make the tough decisions necessary to deliver the results our residents expect while exercising prudent fiscal management."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Care on Location Launches Acumentrics Powered Telemedicine Backpack
- Macadamian Recognized in Think Tank ConCeplus' Healthcare Movers 2019 Report on digital transformation in healthcare
- "The Mary Experiment" Book Launch and Signing
- Personal Injury Lawyer Austin DC Law Group
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
Moody's cited a stable and diverse economy, sound financial operations and a history of healthy reserves as well as manageable debt and pension burdens among the city's strengths. Analysts noted however that challenges include strict levy limits that reduce the city's revenue raising flexibility for operations. The service also noted that sound financial operations benefit from strong budgetary control and stable reserve levels. They report that the city's sound financial profile is expected to continue due to the presence of healthy reserves, including the Water Utility's repayment of the cash advance from the city's General Fund in December 2018.
The rating confirms market confidence in the city's economic condition and the Mayor and Council's fiscal management. Moody's identified three conditions that could change the rating down in the future – significant increases in fixed costs, including debt service, weakening of the city's tax base and resident income levels, and material declines in operating reserves and liquidity, including the financial condition of the Water Utility.
- David Schmiedicke267-8710
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Engraved roll excellence generates quality output for converters
- How to create an inspiring work environment
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- Mind mapping software boosts executive productivity and creativity by 30%: Survey
- Madison: Amazing Results from Weekend Leaf Collection & Sweeping Operations
- Madison: What Can You Put in the Recycling Cart?
- Wildeck, Inc. to Showcase Suite of Access Products at MODEX 2020
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Madison: Snow Emergency Zone Expands
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Madison: Alternate Side Parking Begins November 15 at 1am
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
- Formnext 2019: DigiFabster expands its Sales & Execution Software Platform to provide 'One-Stop-Shop' solution for manufacturing companies
- Game-changing real estate lending platform offers win-win solution for homebuyers, lenders
- How To Qualify The Right Electromechanical Company In Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- Madison: City Tests First Parking-Protected Bike Lane, Needs Public Input