"Our residents and businesses are pleading for relief from these unprecedented economic conditions." said Rhodes-Conway. "The Governor led the way by providing emergency relief from late payments of utility bills. The Legislature needs to follow suit to waive interest and penalties for late property tax installment payments."
The property tax payment process for all taxing jurisdictions in Wisconsin, including interest and penalties for late installment payments, is set in state law. "We want to give our residents the financial flexibility they need to help weather the severe economic conditions brought on by this unprecedented public health emergency," said Mayor Rhodes-Conway, "but we cannot act without a change to state law."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Managecore to Host Live Virtual Meet Up Series Every Tuesday and Thursday for SAP Community
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- AIS – All Integrated Solutions, Announces Its Supplier of the Year Award
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
City of Madison ordinances allow property taxes to be paid in four installments. State law only allows changes to those ordinances prior to the year property taxes are collected. State law requires that interest at a rate of 12 percent annually be charged on late payments; waivers are not allowed. The next property tax installment payment is due March 31.
- Katie Crawley608-335-7071
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- Madison: Actualización – Ciertas Restricciones de Estacionamiento en la Calle Temporalmente Suspendidas
- Madison: Update – Certain On-Street Parking Restrictions Temporarily Suspended
- Madison: CORRECTED Polling Place Listing for April 7
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Madison: Declaración de la Alcaldesa Rhodes-Conway con relación al COVID-19 y el Transporte
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- Madison: April 1 is Census Day
- Madison: City of Fitchburg Street Reconstruction--Fish Hatchery Road
- Additional Information Regarding The MGIC Investment Corporation Annual Meeting Of Shareholders To Be Held On Thursday, April 23, 2020
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Gempler's Ensures Employee Safety and Keeps Commitments to Essential Service Providers
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on Transportation in Regards to COVID-19
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Madison: Polling Place Listing for April 7
- Trace-A-Matic Expands 5-Axis Machining Automation