"Our residents and businesses are pleading for relief from these unprecedented economic conditions." said Rhodes-Conway. "The Governor led the way by providing emergency relief from late payments of utility bills. The Legislature needs to follow suit to waive interest and penalties for late property tax installment payments."
The property tax payment process for all taxing jurisdictions in Wisconsin, including interest and penalties for late installment payments, is set in state law. "We want to give our residents the financial flexibility they need to help weather the severe economic conditions brought on by this unprecedented public health emergency," said Mayor Rhodes-Conway, "but we cannot act without a change to state law."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- MSI Elevates Field Service Satisfaction with Service Pro Customer Experience
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
City of Madison ordinances allow property taxes to be paid in four installments. State law only allows changes to those ordinances prior to the year property taxes are collected. State law requires that interest at a rate of 12 percent annually be charged on late payments; waivers are not allowed. The next property tax installment payment is due March 31.
- Katie Crawley608-335-7071
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Attorney Andrea Davis Opens Regional Law Firm
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Regal Beloit Corporation Announces Publication of 2020 Sustainability Report
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Madison: Vilas Park Drive Reopens to Vehicles for Democracy in the Park
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- OnMilwaukee Evolves as Technology and COVID Changes Audience Expectations
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Madison: Clerk's Office Releases Podcast Series on National Voter Registration Day
- "Destiny Starter" - Free to Download on Amazon for 5 Days (until 9/26/2020)
- Madison: Public Safety Review Committee Invites Public Input on Police Department Budget
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software