The Position of PCED Director includes the advancement of the City's efforts in affordable housing, land use planning and economic development, as well as leading the department's management team.
Nan Fey has been serving as interim Director of the department since the retirement of Natalie Erdman earlier this year.
"Matt's focus on, and creativity around, affordable housing solutions is important for the City right now. Increasing the supply of affordable housing is a top priority for my administration, and this position needs to be focused on that." said Mayor Rhodes-Conway. "Matt is also familiar with the Department, since he has worked in a number of divisions within PCED and has been developing his knowledge base and management skills for a number of years. That experience will serve him, and the City, well. I am incredibly grateful for the service of Natalie Erdman and Nan Fey, and I know they have left the Department in great shape. I am confident that Matt will build on this, while keeping the Department focused on my priorities."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Podcast Pioneer Launches First-Ever Combined Podcast Community, Coaching and Production Service
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
As Director of the Office of Real Estate Services, Wachter oversaw the acquisition, sale and leasing of City real estate as well as the negotiation of Tax Increment Finance (TIF) investment and other real estate agreements with private developers and businesses. When in the Office of the Community Development Authority he was responsible for crafting the City's housing policy through the Biennial Housing repost as well as leading efforts to develop affordable housing, including permanent supportive housing for Madison's homeless population at a number of sites.
Prior to that position he worked I the City's Community Development Division and as staff in the Office of Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin. He has an MBA in Real Estate Finance and Urban Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
His first day in his new position will be December 16.
- Katie Crawley608firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- R&B's Troy Tyler Drops His Latest Single, "Good Good"
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Running Rebels Receives Generous Donation From Milwaukee-Based Commercial Real Estate Firm Phoenix Investors
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Dixon, Honda Now Three for Three with Road America Victory
- City of Madison Parking Restriction Update
- African American Athlete Turned Author Transforms Passion for Triathlons into a Children's Book
- Madison: Requesting an Absentee Ballot for the Partisan Primary
- Wisconsin Cheese Wins American Marketing Association Brand Smart Grand Champion Award
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Safely Give Blood at Madison Public Library this Summer
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Madison: City's Streatery Program Growing Fast
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Madison: Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway Joins Mayors for a Guaranteed Income