Efforts to secure safer settings have prioritized families with children, singles who are more vulnerable to the disease, and people who are symptomatic. Staff have identified approximately 60 more people for hotel placement and we are working on finding accommodations for them.
We have also made good progress but need to do still more to ensure that persons relocated to hotel venues have the necessary support services they need – everything from food to laundry to light case management/emotional support.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Managecore to Host Live Virtual Meet Up Series Every Tuesday and Thursday for SAP Community
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- AIS – All Integrated Solutions, Announces Its Supplier of the Year Award
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
On another front, we are taking steps to expand shelter capacity at additional locations to provide room for greater physical separation and safer environments for shelter users.
The Warner Park Community Center is prepared to provide much needed space for overnight shelter for homeless men. The facility will reduce the risk of transmission by providing sufficient space to achieve social distancing-something not possible due to limited space within existing shelter facilities. The downtown shelters currently run by Porchlight at Grace Episcopal, St. John's Lutheran and First United Methodist Churches will be closed and staff assigned to them will support the Warner Park operation, which will have increased capacity. We are working on arrangements to ensure that shelter guests will have transportation services to and from the facility upon its daily opening and closing hours.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Declaración de la Alcaldesa Rhodes-Conway en rechazo al racismo en nuestra comunidad
- Geneva Supply Co-Founders Selected as Small Business Persons of the Year for Wisconsin
- Madison: Statement from the Office of Mayor Rhodes-Conway Regarding Federal Court Ruling on Wisconsin Elections
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on Rejecting Racism in Our Community
Street outreach staff are also working to assist persons unable or unwilling to use the shelter system. Those meeting the at- higher-risk criteria described above are being moved into hotels. We are also placing hand washing stations at 6 locations around town near the Salvation Army, the Beacon, Safe Haven, Peace Park, Central Library and the Top of State Street.
Currently, the biggest challenge is finding staffing resources sufficient to meet the wide range of needs at the hotels and the new shelter sites. We will face continuing challenges to provide adequate transportation, find and furnish shelter venues, and locate and maintain sufficient staffing resources. And as this situation progresses, we face the prospect of more people becoming housing insecure, and the need for assistance rising further. Therefore, we are beginning to think beyond our immediate needs and preparing for even greater challenges that could lie ahead in the medium and long term.
- Katie Crawley608-335-7071
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on Transportation in Regards to COVID-19
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Madison: Polling Place Listing for April 7
- Trace-A-Matic Expands 5-Axis Machining Automation
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- El Departamento de Bomberos de Madison Suspende Todos los Permisos para la Quema de Desechos Hasta Nuevo Aviso
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Wisconsin es el Unico Estado de la Nación que Sigue Adelante con Unas Elecciones en Esta Etapa de la Pandemia. Madison Está Solicitando a un Juzgado Federal que Posponga las Elecciones o que Considere el Voto por Correo.
- Madison: Celebrate Poetry! Online Reading for National Poetry Month
- Wisconsin is the only state in the nation moving forward with an election at this stage of the pandemic, Madison is asking a Federal Court to postpone the election, consider mail-in ballot
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!
- Madison: Absentee Ballot Secure Drop Off Sites
- HSA Bank Supports Local Communities during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tip: COVID-19 hand dermatitis prevention
- edjuster Ensures Continuity of Services Across North America During COVID-19 Impact
- A holistic approach to general dentistry in Green Bay Wisconsin
- Helping to Build Ventilators in the Coronavirus Pandemic
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business