- North American Specialty Laminations ("NASL") Taps Industry Veteran Eric Spence to Lead National Business Development and Marketing Efforts
- PAN AMERICA 1250 MIVV proposes it with SPEED EDGE
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity
The MI-TE Program is a paid, six-month-long program, where trainees learn in the classroom and hands-on field training in concrete flatwork, asphalt patching and utility casting adjustments.
The program is designed to prepare trainees for a career in Public Work with the City of Madison. Trainees will learn how the City's infrastructure is built and maintained, about related equipment operation and construction safety.
"We created this [MI-TE] program to expose people to careers in Public Works in the City of Madison—and hopefully create a pathway to permanent positions with the opportunity for growth and career advancement," City Engineer Jim Wolfe said. People aren't necessarily aware of the wide range of career opports in Public Works, but this program will expose them to different career paths and provide them training to make them successful."
Once trainees complete the program, they'll be considered for permanent entry-level positions in the Engineering, Parks and Streets divisions.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Celebrate Portfolio Company's Successful NFT Sellout
- "Murdaugh Murders Podcast" Launches Spinoff "Cup of Justice" and Skyrockets to Apple's #1 Podcast
- CPAC 2023 Congressional Candidate Forum Meet and Greet March 2nd at the historic University Club in DC
- IoT Observatory to host Plenary Session at 2023 InsurTech Hartford Symposium
- Eliza Neals "Candy Store" new spring single out February 14th Valentines Day 2023!
Some of the more specific things trainees can expect to learn if accepted into the program:
- Classroom Training
- Safety: OSHA 10, First Aid and CPR certifications, silica respiratory safety, bloodborne pathogens, Digger's Hotline and damage prevention, work zone safety, traffic control and safe driving and equipment operations
- Commercial's Driver's License Knowledge Test
- Constructions Basics: materials, testing and methods used to perform concrete and asphalt work and utility casting replacements
- Public Works Math: how to calculate how much concrete or asphalt for a job
- On-the-Job Training and Hands-On Experience
- Job Site Safety
- Equipment Safety and Operation
- Concrete Construction
- Asphalt Construction
- Utility Casting Replacements
- Career Exploration
- Opportunities to learn about different careers in Public Works
- Field Trips to major project sites being constructed by contractors
- Job shadowing opportunities to learn about careers in Engineering, Parks, Streets, Traffic Engineering and Water Utility.
Watch the MITE Recruitment Video.
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Photography Book Makes Black History Month Fun
- Historic Groundbreaking Documentary About Women Marathoners Released for Black History Month
- 3DMyRental Launches Professional 3D Floor Plan Services for Airbnb Hosts: A Game-Changing Solution for Property Rentals
- Best Online End-Of-Season Clearance Sale at Sunber Hair: $56 For A Lace Wig
- Madison Declares Snow Emergency; Overnight Alternate Side Parking Rules In Effect Citywide
- All Madison Streets to be Plowed; No Snow Emergency Declared
- UNice Hair Partners With Awin Affiliate Marketing Network To Accelerate Business Growth
- Madison: Community support: Resources available following release of video in Tyre Nichols' case
- My Lineage Proudly Supports Knights of Heroes
- Madison: Statement by Mayor Rhodes-Conway on Death of Tyre Nichols
- First Business Bank Announces 15% Increase in Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and $5 Million Buyback Program
- Concrete Flooring Specialist Discusses Styles for Commercial Epoxy Flooring
- Madison: Chief Barnes issues statement ahead of police video release in Tyre Nichols' case
- Madison: Plow Name Election Ends February, 3, 2023
- The Town Of Sun Village California Makes History As The First Black Tribal Township In North America
- Flawless Torres ft. Diamonique x Sean Kingston Releases "Lets Go" on 1/27/23!
- We're In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino's Newly Released Song and Video
- Abusive Russian to face Pro Wrestling Legend!
- Jim Wilson, Top Notch Realtor in waterfront and beach properties in Redington, Redington Shores, and North Redington Beach, FLorida
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers