- Kyle Martino To Speak About Over Under Iniative With SoccerChat at Keeper Goals Booth
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
"Every family I met, despite fighting multiple challenges, demonstrated unconditional devotion to their children," said Nilan. "The least we can do is match their parental devotion with an outpouring of community support."
Since 2005, Diane Nilan has traveled the United States documenting the pervasive and underestimated problem of homelessness in our country. "Not Homeless Enough" features the story of four families in Madison and Dane County who experienced homelessness. This film in particular highlights the struggle of living in doubled-up situations, or self-paying to live in a hotel and how it disqualifies these families for federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) homeless programs.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- The Ultimate Valentine's Day Jewelry Gifts Guide for Her
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
"Diane Nilan's work is absolutely inspirational, and crucial to understanding a national issue that, though relatively hidden, has such an apparent impact on families in our communities," said Sean Ottensen, a Community Engagement Librarian at Central Library and a coordinator for this event.
Madison Public Library purchased five copies of Nilan's book, Dismazed and Driven, which is available now for check out from any library location.
The event will take place on Zoom from 6-7 p.m. on January 20. Registration is required – visit madpl.org/homeless to attend.
About Madison Public Library
Madison Public Library's tradition of promoting education, literacy and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 140 years. Visit the library online at www.madisonpubliclibrary.org, @madisonpubliclibrary on Facebook, @madisonlibrary on Twitter, or @madisonpubliclibrary on Instagram.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Luxfer Announces CFO Transition and Date of Fourth Quarter Earnings Release
- Oak Hill Business Partners Facilitates Client Sale
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following Data Breach at StarTek, Inc
- Jim Koons Automotive Company Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
About the Homeless Services Consortium
Homeless Services Consortium of Dane County is a partnership of agencies, funders, advocates, and formerly homeless persons committed to preventing and ending homelessness. Their goals are to prevent homelessness, support people experiencing homelessness and to collaborate with local, state and national partners to end homelessness. Learn more at: https://www.danecountyhomeless.org/
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- Strategic Benefits Advisors, Inc. Data Breach Triggers Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
- MGE Energy Declares Regular Dividend
- The K-9 officers protecting Madison need community support for new gear
- Everlight Solar: A Year of Giving and Growing
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following LendUS, LLC Data Breach
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- Teamsters Locals 200 and 344 Endorse Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic for Mayor of Milwaukee
- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- Edge2Learn Premieres Its Integrative Multifamily Policy and Procedure Product
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
- Infosec Institute's Jack Koziol Named a 2022 Executive of the Year by In Business Magazine
- TRU Staffing Partners Expands Leadership Team Amid Growing Demand for Privacy Talent
- Snap-on Incorporated to Webcast 2021 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results Conference Call
- USAM Group Keeps Up Growth Pace, Welcomes Bitvore
- Breakthrough Year in 2021 for Venture Capital--Capital Midwest Fund Portfolio Companies Raise Over $160 Million