- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - 2783
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q2 2021
Madison Public Library provides free and equitable access to cultural and educational experiences. The library celebrates ideas, promotes creativity, connects people, and enriches lives, with an emphasis on promoting literacy and equity in library collections, services, and programs.
The library's Pride celebration will include:
Take Pride in Your Care
June 24, 6-7pm – Virtual Event [Register]
Join Jacqueline Boyd, founder of The Care Plan to hear how members of LGBTQ+ community can create better health and aging experiences! We'll talk about the importance of chosen family, some challenges people who identify as LGBTQ+ can face when seeking healthcare, and share strategies for finding the right provider for your needs. Whether you are a caregiver or seeking care for yourself, you'll learn strategies for self-advocacy, planning for care, and tips for long term wellness. Local resources such as the OutReach LGBTQ+ Community Center and the recently published LGBTQ+ Wellness Guide from Madison Public Library will be highlighted.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Partnership between Agropalma (Brazil) and Ciranda (U.S.) expands availability of organic palm oil in North America to meet growing demand
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
This event is sponsored by New Chapters in Community Health, a partnership between Madison Public Library, Wisconsin Book Festival, and the All of Us Research Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. With an intentional focus on African American, Latinx, LGBTQ+ and Rural audiences, we will explore topics crucial to the health and wellbeing of many in Wisconsin who have felt like they don't have a voice.
LGBTQ+ Wellness Guide [Download]
In 2021, Youth Services Librarian Savannah Carr worked with community partners to create an inclusive LGBTQ+ Wellness Guide for Madison and the surrounding area. The guide includes a list of providers and resources for mental health, physical health, sexual health, and more with an emphasis on queer-owned or queer-run sources. This pocket guide will be available at all Madison libraries and local businesses and healthcare clinics for people to take with them.
From the guide: Madison Public Library welcomes and supports the LGBTQ+ community of Dane County and understands that the fight for LGBTQ+ equity in America is far from over, especially for transgender people and queer folx of color. We also understand that support goes well beyond rainbows, flags or even books. We hope this guide informs and empowers users to access the services they need. You are loved, supported, and seen by Madison Public Library during Pride and throughout the year.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Urban Forestry Reminds Residents to Water Newly Planted Trees
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- Recover Losses: Ademi LLP Investigates Claims of Securities Fraud against ATI Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Guitarist Steven Meyer New Solo Guitar Single Release: "Scarborough Fair"
Some Madison libraries will also celebrate with in-house library material displays during part or all of the month of June.
Find all resources, recommended books, and more at madisonpubliclibrary.org/pride
About Madison Public Library
Madison Public Library's tradition of promoting education, literacy and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 145 years. Visit the library online at www.madisonpubliclibrary.org, madisonpubliclibrary on Facebook, @madisonlibrary on Twitter, or @madisonpubliclibrary on Instagram.
- Tana Elias, 608-266-4953, email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- MGN Logistics Acquires California Based Niche Freight Brokerage
- Madison: Pinney Library Welcomes Its First Artist-in-Residence
- Madison: August Moving Days: How to Set Out Appliances, Furniture, & Other Large Items for Collection
- Associated Bank named 2021 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award Recipient
- Market Maker Agriculture launches podcast series on seasonal businesses
- Former Isagenix CEO and ConAgra Brands Executive Joins CEO Coaching International®
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- Madison: August Moving Days: Recycling Electronics
- Murphy Door CEO Launches NEW Podcast "90 Proof Wisdom with Jeremy G Barker"
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Madison: 2021 Wright Award Recipient Named
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- ADSBexchange.com Releases Flight Data for Oshkosh 2021