- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - 2783
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q2 2021
"The name 'It Takes A Village' is inspiring to me because I want to create a safe space for kids, teens and families on the south side. The pandemic has disconnected people, and I want this event to be a way for them to reconnect to each other and heal from the trauma of the past year. It's not just about being in community, but knowing that your community is here for you so you have resources and support when you need it and you know where you can turn in both the good times and the bad," said Glenn, Sr.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Partnership between Agropalma (Brazil) and Ciranda (U.S.) expands availability of organic palm oil in North America to meet growing demand
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
Penn Park is located mere steps from the Goodman South Madison library location, and the team of librarians there have been reaching out to other local organizations to share information or activities at the event. Additional organizations the community can learn more about include Urban Triage, BadgerRock, Odyssey, Tales with Big T, the South Side Planning Committee, Operation Fresh Start and more!
In addition to the resource fair, attendees will enjoy a DJ and free food! Free books will be provided by the Madison Reading Project from 3-5 p.m. while supplies last. The Bubbler will also be in attendance to provide a stop-motion animation booth, screen printing and other artist-led activities for kids and families. Story times for various age groups will be happening throughout the event and attendees can get signed up for a library card on site.
A number of City of Madison departments have come together to help plan and support the event:
- Madison's Police Department will have officers on site to help lead the cookout and show residents around police vehicles, a drone and horses.
- Madison Fire Department will have a fire truck available from 2-3 p.m. from local fire station #6 for kids to enjoy.
- Madison Parks will provide a Movie in the Park as the event wraps up, beginning at 5 p.m.
Public Health of Madison and Dane County will offer a COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the event from 12-5 p.m. with all three vaccine options available. A follow-up event will be planned in July to accommodate a second shot of the vaccine if residents opt for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. No appointment or ID are required for the clinic, and walk-ups are welcome! Ages 12+ are welcome, but those 12-17 must have parental permission, which can be given in person or over the phone.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Urban Forestry Reminds Residents to Water Newly Planted Trees
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- Recover Losses: Ademi LLP Investigates Claims of Securities Fraud against ATI Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Guitarist Steven Meyer New Solo Guitar Single Release: "Scarborough Fair"
The It Takes A Village Community Resource Fair is partially sponsored by the Southside Planning Committee.
Learn more about the event and register at madpl.org/village.
- Tana Elias, 608-225-0619, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- MGN Logistics Acquires California Based Niche Freight Brokerage
- Madison: Pinney Library Welcomes Its First Artist-in-Residence
- Madison: August Moving Days: How to Set Out Appliances, Furniture, & Other Large Items for Collection
- Associated Bank named 2021 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award Recipient
- Market Maker Agriculture launches podcast series on seasonal businesses
- Former Isagenix CEO and ConAgra Brands Executive Joins CEO Coaching International®
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- Madison: August Moving Days: Recycling Electronics
- Murphy Door CEO Launches NEW Podcast "90 Proof Wisdom with Jeremy G Barker"
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Madison: 2021 Wright Award Recipient Named
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- ADSBexchange.com Releases Flight Data for Oshkosh 2021