a new Chief of Police for our City. To date, the Board has engaged in significant planning
efforts and is working diligently towards hiring Chief Koval's successor. The Board has held
several meetings to discuss the general process and timeline and will be scheduling a working
session each month to focus specifically on this subject. In addition to the working sessions, the
Board anticipates that it will engage in numerous other efforts to ensure community
engagement in this process.
At its Special Meeting on November 21, 2019, Local Voices Network (LVN) presented to the
Board on how it can assist the Board with obtaining community input regarding our next
Chief of Police. The Board anticipates that it will work with LVN for this purpose,
particularly as it relates to members of the public who would be more comfortable providing
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Madison: Register to Vote at the Polls on Tuesday
- Covid-19 & Unemployment Crisis 2020
- Madison Water Utility finds trace amounts of "forever chemicals" in all city wells
- 2020 Census – 30,000 Madison households still need to respond
input in a small group setting.
In addition to working with LVN, the Board will also be scheduling four (4) public listening
sessions, to be held in different parts of the City, in publicly accessible locations. At the
public listening sessions, members of the public may offer comments to the Board.
The Board also invites written comments from the community regarding what the Board
should be looking for in the next Chief of Police. Written comments may be submitted
electronically to the following e-mail address: PoliceChiefSearch@cityofmadison.com.
Further, the Board anticipates that it will seek direct input from current employees of the City
of Madison, academic and professional experts, and various organizations.
The Board welcomes your input as we carry out this very important task. It is not uncommon
for this process to take approximately 6-12 months. The Board is working diligently and
carefully to ensure that it finds a candidate who meets the needs of our City.
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Mayor's Statement on Gun Violence
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Madison: Determining Where to Vote for the Partisan Primary
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- Palzewicz All-in On Lewis Voting Rights Act
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Madison: Polling Places Established for Partisan Primary
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Spin Live Becomes the First App with Shopify Integration that Allows Merchants to Sell Via Shoppable Live Video
- Onsite Utility Services Announces the Launch of the Hospitality Clean Air as-a-Service Solution
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Tim O'Brien Homes Wins 2020 Department of Energy Innovation Award
- Madison: Still Time to Vote Absentee Before Election Day
- Gerrymandering creates hard road in Wisconsin
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- First responder coins are in higher demand now more than ever