a new Chief of Police for our City. To date, the Board has engaged in significant planning
efforts and is working diligently towards hiring Chief Koval's successor. The Board has held
several meetings to discuss the general process and timeline and will be scheduling a working
session each month to focus specifically on this subject. In addition to the working sessions, the
Board anticipates that it will engage in numerous other efforts to ensure community
engagement in this process.
At its Special Meeting on November 21, 2019, Local Voices Network (LVN) presented to the
Board on how it can assist the Board with obtaining community input regarding our next
Chief of Police. The Board anticipates that it will work with LVN for this purpose,
particularly as it relates to members of the public who would be more comfortable providing
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Save time and money with a NESCO slow cooker
- Quality data leads to optimal design of heat transfer rolls
- Rented.com and MyVR Announce Revenue Management Partnership
- IAOP Announces 2020 Leadership Hall of Fame Inductees
- Boarding School Crewed Vessel To Set Sail On Second Transatlantic Journey
input in a small group setting.
In addition to working with LVN, the Board will also be scheduling four (4) public listening
sessions, to be held in different parts of the City, in publicly accessible locations. At the
public listening sessions, members of the public may offer comments to the Board.
The Board also invites written comments from the community regarding what the Board
should be looking for in the next Chief of Police. Written comments may be submitted
electronically to the following e-mail address: PoliceChiefSearch@cityofmadison.com.
Further, the Board anticipates that it will seek direct input from current employees of the City
of Madison, academic and professional experts, and various organizations.
The Board welcomes your input as we carry out this very important task. It is not uncommon
for this process to take approximately 6-12 months. The Board is working diligently and
carefully to ensure that it finds a candidate who meets the needs of our City.
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Fixing Your Scrum: Practical Solutions to Common Scrum Problems Book Released
- Fiserv Named a World's Most Admired Company for Seventh Consecutive Year
- Sureshot Command Brings New Visibility To B2B Market Segments And Total Addressable Market
- edjuster announces partnership with FRSTeam to expand capabilities in Total Contents Program
- Prescott's Whispering Canyon Community Nears Close-out on Phase 3 and 4
- Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel to Open April 7, 2020
- Brian Danzinger Presents to Leadership Green Bay
- Author Sara Gordon Shares Her Heartbreak and Perseverance in Emotional New Memoir 'And They Thought I Had It All'
- Nordic countries have the best passports in the World
- March 7 Lenten Retreat--Space for Sacred Time
- IAOP Announces Intuit to Be Honored at OWS2.0 as Winner of the 2020 Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award
- DMS Announces Seventh Consecutive Ranking On mThink Top CPA Network List
- The Litigation Lawyers At Chand Snider LLP Add Windsor to their Territory
- Kohler Celebrates Newest Innovations at KBIS 2020
- The Polyflex and Clicheria Blumenau are joining CSW and MARVACO as new partners in the Global Premedia Network
- Deviant Marketing - Nominated for Social Media Ad of the Year
- Facebook Partners with The Alfred Street Baptist Church Foundation for their 18th Annual HBCU Festival on Saturday, January 25 at the National Harbor
- Madison: Snow Emergency Continues Tonight
- Thiel College names Anthony Kos, Ph.D. new Business Administration and Accounting Chair
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020