- UNice Hair Announces Black Friday 2022 Deals: Up To $100 Off
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Video Celebrating Christ at Christmas Is Out Now
"Morrison has deep roots in the Milwaukee community and a demonstrated commitment to education equity. He will be invaluable to the College Possible Milwaukee team," said Rick Dillon, Board Chair, College Possible Milwaukee, "I look forward to partnering with him to advance the mission to make college possible for all talented and motivated Milwaukee scholars."
Morrison is a Milwaukee native and Milwaukee Public Schools alum with over 20 years of experience in youth development. Most recently he served as the Executive Director at Operation DREAM inc., an all-boys mentoring and job readiness program. Prior to this, he worked for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Mayor and Alders Propose to Allow More Development Near High Capacity Transit
- Nimble Therapeutics names Pete Gough as Chief Scientific Officer
- Ace Hardware Sees 33% Online Sales Increase For Cyber 5 Weekend In 2022
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Board Appoints Conor Moran to Lead Madison Public Library Foundation
"I look forward to supporting the dreams of our young people who want to achieve a college degree, which should be a right for all and not a privilege for the fortunate," said Morrison, "I am grateful to have the opportunity to build on the impact that College Possible has had serving young people who see achieving a college degree as the foundation for future success."
Morrison has specialized experience in program design, implementation and evaluation. He received his Bachelor's degree from UW - Parkside and a Master's Degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Morrison succeeds Kellie J. Sigh, who has served as College Possible Milwaukee's Executive Director since 2020. Sigh will remain with the College Possible organization serving on the national leadership team as Vice President of Site Leadership.
Sigh said, "I am excited about the experience, energy and passion Marco brings to the role. He is exactly the leader College Possible Milwaukee needs to advance our mission."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Northwestern Mutual Strengthens Milwaukee's Cultural Scene with Nearly $3 Million in Grants
- Alder Syed Abbas Announces Resignation from Madison Common Council Effective December 1, 2022
- Madison: Nonpartisan program brings together election officials, designers, technologists, and other experts to support and celebrate excellence in U.S. election administration.
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
About College Possible Milwaukee: Since its founding in 2008, College Possible Milwaukee has empowered more than 4,000 scholars from under-represented communities to get into and through college through an intensive curriculum of coaching and support. Its pioneering model matches scholars with a near-peer coach and an evidence-based curriculum designed to help scholars overcome the most common barriers to getting into college and completing their degree – all at no cost to students or their families. Nationwide, College Possible scholars are three times more likely to earn a bachelor's degree within six years than their peers from similar backgrounds. Headquartered in Saint Paul, MN, College Possible operates: regional sites in Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Philadelphia, PA; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA; College Forward in Austin, TX; and Catalyze partnerships in California, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Learn more at CollegePossible.org/Milwaukee.
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE College Possible
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Massachusetts-based IOKA Skin+Science launches Cruelty-Free, Vegan, All-Natural Skincare Line
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards for October 2022
- City of Madison is a Top 10 Digital City!
- Bitcoin in Unique Leadership Position with Ethereum's Abandonment of Proof of Work*
- The Metal Shop Announces a Grand Celebration of its Successful 20-Year Milestone in The Metal Fabrication Business
- Madison: Reduced Service on November 24 & 25
- Madison: Hosts Virtual Public Meeting for Discussion December 7, 2023, 6:00 to 7:30 PM
- Madison: The final day for 2022 the Olin Avenue facility is Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Meta Investment and Management
- Vote on Product Hunt - $1 Million USD AesirX License Giveaway!
- 'Spot Detective' – Check your spots this summer
- CA CPS Defense Attorney, Walter Shaw, makes great momentum in protecting parental rights
- Madison: Passenger Rail Station Study Kick-off Meeting
- Sonic Foundry® Secures $8.5 Million in Debt Financing
- Madison: Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule for the 2022 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Replace Google Analytics for free with AesirX
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation' - National Technology Non-Profit, Qualify to Distribute Google Career Certificate Scholarships
- The Data Economics Company and Smallholder Data Services announce breakthrough in solving data traceability in regenerative agriculture
- New "Black Friday Knife Deals" Article Out Now. One Is Free?
- Certified Nutraceuticals' KollaJell™ Launches in Mexico Under Sesēn Company Brand First-of-its-kind jellyfish collagen