Cornucopia's yogurt scorecard now focuses exclusively on organic brands, the safest way to avoid toxic pesticides like chlorpyrifos. Organic yogurts that received the highest score were sourced from milk that received the highest rating on our Organic Dairy Scorecard. After all, the most important component of any yogurt is the milk from which it is made.
"Your food choices matter," says Marie Burcham, Cornucopia's director of domestic policy. "If you have the access, buying from our top-rated brands serves as an investment in our collective health, decentralized food production, and the future of the planet while safeguarding the livelihoods of ethical, organic dairies."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Jewelers Mutual Group acquires Wexler Insurance Agency / IJB
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- City of Milwaukee Office of Violence Prevention and Local Business Team Up to Hand Out Masks Day Before Registration Deadline
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
Cornucopia's Organic Yogurt Scorecard demystifies a crowded market full of overly processed products. In addition to the quality of the milk used, other factors influencing an organic yogurt item's score include the brand's commitment to organics; the use of coloring agents, flavors, preservatives, synthetic nutrients, and pectin or conventional thickeners; and transparency around the type of sweetener used. (Read the full details of our scoring criteria.)
The amount of sugar in each yogurt is listed for informational purposes. Just because a yogurt is certified organic does not mean that it can't include an alarmingly high amount of sugar. You can cut down on sugar—and save money—by buying the 32 ounce tubs of plain organic yogurt and adding your own fruit and toppings.
Overall, the updated scorecard ranks 225 varieties of organic yogurt from 29 brands. Backed by research, Cornucopia's scorecards showcase ecologically based farms and their brands, while exposing factory farm producers and brands to avoid or scrutinize.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Public Health Madison & Dane County Expands Eligibility Criteria for Drive Through Flu Clinic
- Wooask S01 - World's Most Powerful AI Voice Recorder
- Shifting priorities release personal growth in fourth short story of "Discovering Kindness" series
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
See how your favorite organic yogurt brand rates on our mobile-friendly scorecard. If your favorite organic brand isn't on this list, please let us know at [email protected].
Cornucopia is committed to the protection of public health; access to clean, nutrient-dense food; and the livelihoods of authentic organic farmers who contribute to the health of their communities, animals, plants, and soil.
Review Cornucopia's complete list of science-based reports and scorecards.
CONTACT: Michele Marchetti, Co-director of Development & Communications, [email protected], 814-574-7952
SOURCE The Cornucopia Institute
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Aries Industries Strengthens International Market Reach With New Alberta Dealer
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- Standard Process and Integria Healthcare Sign 10-Year Extended Partnership Agreement
- 190 Health Systems Launch Epic This Fall -- The Largest Go-Live Period Ever
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- New Versiti Assay Evaluates Ability of a Patient's Von Willebrand Factor (VWF) to Support Platelet Binding
- Madison: What Happens When the Polls Close
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Madison: Five Mayors, One Challenge
- Filene Launches Center of Excellence to Measure Community Development in Financial Services
- Gempler's Launches Private Label Brand: Sugar River
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Mayor Announces Interim General Manager of Madison Water Utility
- Exact Sciences Commends Task Force for Draft Updated Guidelines that include Colorectal Cancer Screening Beginning at Age 45
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up