- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - 2783
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q2 2021
- Sensient Declares Dividend
The Monochrome awards are an international black-and-white photography contest that celebrates the connections between photography, tradition, and values. The awards celebrate photographers who utilize their passion for capturing the world around them.
The winners of this year's event included "Opponents" by Ksystof Mozyro and "Portrait Woman Mursi" by SVETLIN YOSIFOV. "Opponents" focuses on a protest on June 6th in London, and "Portrait" presents a woman from an isolated Omo Valley in Southern Ethiopia.
Loretta Kryshak's photo highlights the odd reality of pandemic life and how the virus changed one of the more popular forms of entertainment. Her previous work focused on capturing day-to-day life. She has traveled across the globe photographing the seemingly mundane. "My goal is that my photographs tell a story... My process is looking past the familiar using close observation and preparation of the subject. I try to see beyond the obvious to capture its unique self. Some of my subjects are pretty striking, others less so. My hope is to encourage those who see my work, look more carefully around them, to find inspiration in unusual places," states Loretta Kryshak on her website.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Partnership between Agropalma (Brazil) and Ciranda (U.S.) expands availability of organic palm oil in North America to meet growing demand
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
There are more than a dozen entry categories for the Monochrome awards, including everything from photojournalism to photomanipulation and wildlife. Black-and-white photography has a rich tradition. However, success in this medium requires expertise and imagination. Therefore, entries into the contest are not limited to traditional photography techniques, as entries using plates, papers, wet collodion, and digital technology are welcome.
The 2020 winners and honorable mentions can be found at https://monoawards.com/.
About the Monochrome Awards
The Monochrome Awards celebrate black-and-white photography on an international platform by connecting people and their craft through the medium of photography. This contest celebrates photographs in over a dozen categories each year and recognizes the best in professional and amateur categories.
The photos are judged by renowned photographers, including Oliver Valsecchi and Kristina Petrosiute.
To enter a black-and-white photo for the 2022 Monochrome awards, contestants can create a profile at https://monoawards.com/page/how-to-enter/. The awards are open, and the early deadline is July 4th, 2021.
The top winner will receive: cash prize, showcased at the online Winners Gallery, included in the Monochrome Photography Awards book, and given the title "Monochrome Photographer of the Year 2020" along with the winner's logo and certificate.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Urban Forestry Reminds Residents to Water Newly Planted Trees
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- Recover Losses: Ademi LLP Investigates Claims of Securities Fraud against ATI Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Guitarist Steven Meyer New Solo Guitar Single Release: "Scarborough Fair"
About Loretta Kryshak
Loretta Kryshak is a photographer, philanthropist, and entrepreneur. She has been involved in the corporate world as a project manager, system analyst, and consultant.
During her career, Loretta Kryshak utilized her degree from the University Wisconsin-Milwaukee and became a certified Network Engineer at Microtek Systems, Inc. She was also a consultant at Interactive Business Solutions and worked on converting operating systems to Microsoft NT throughout the Wisconsin area.
Her philanthropic endeavors grew when she became Executive Director of Rebel Reform in 2020. The organization is a non-profit organization that focuses its efforts on social causes and provides resources to improve people's lives in the greater Milwaukee area.
To address community needs throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Kryshak's family created MaskUPMKE. The Kryshaks coordinated efforts of 22 agencies and non-profit organizations to make and distribute over four million facemasks. Their donated materials and quick response to the crisis were acknowledged by the United Way with the award of the Gwen T. Jackson Service Award, given to someone who "best exemplifies a spirit of volunteerism and dedication to one's community and fellow man."
SOURCE Loretta Kryshak
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- MGN Logistics Acquires California Based Niche Freight Brokerage
- Madison: Pinney Library Welcomes Its First Artist-in-Residence
- Madison: August Moving Days: How to Set Out Appliances, Furniture, & Other Large Items for Collection
- Associated Bank named 2021 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award Recipient
- Market Maker Agriculture launches podcast series on seasonal businesses
- Former Isagenix CEO and ConAgra Brands Executive Joins CEO Coaching International®
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- Madison: August Moving Days: Recycling Electronics
- Murphy Door CEO Launches NEW Podcast "90 Proof Wisdom with Jeremy G Barker"
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Madison: 2021 Wright Award Recipient Named
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- ADSBexchange.com Releases Flight Data for Oshkosh 2021