Two wooden boards once used to display maps inside the apparatus bay are ready for a new life. Fire Station 6 invites local artists to submit their vision for a community mural, using one or both of these repurposed boards, to depict the diversity of Madison's south side and/or to draw from the theme "Unity through Community."
About Fire Station 6
Fire Station 6 is proud to be a part of Madison's south side neighborhoods, serving from W. Badger Road. Four firefighter/EMTs and two firefighter/paramedics staff the station 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The crews at Station 6 have been longtime supporters of the Southside Raiders football team, and Ladder 6 dons the team's emblem on the side of their fire truck. Members of Sable Flames, the non-profit association of Black MFD firefighters, provide volunteer EMT services at Raiders football games. Additionally, Ladder 6 is a yearly participant in the annual Juneteenth parade. The firefighters routinely volunteer their time at the Urban League of Greater Madison and serve dinners at the Catholic Multicultural Center.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Regal Beloit Corporation Announces Publication of 2020 Sustainability Report
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Madison: Vilas Park Drive Reopens to Vehicles for Democracy in the Park
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
Station 6 is excited to connect with local artists to celebrate the spirit of the south side.
How to Participate
The participating artist(s) must be based in Madison, WI, and will be compensated up to $500 through private funds. Using one or both repurposed wooden boards as canvases, the artist(s) is invited to create original work depicting the rich and vibrant diversity of Madison's south side and/or building upon the theme "Unity through Community." Board/Canvas dimensions are:
- 77" x 122" 80" x 80"
Submissions will be accepted through Friday, August 21, 2020. Email proposals to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- Artist's name and contact information Written description of the proposed mural design(s) OPTIONAL: Rough sketch or depiction of proposed mural design(s). We may ask for a rough sketch upon reviewing the written descriptions.
- Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer), (608) 261-5539, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Madison: Clerk's Office Releases Podcast Series on National Voter Registration Day
- "Destiny Starter" - Free to Download on Amazon for 5 Days (until 9/26/2020)
- Madison: Public Safety Review Committee Invites Public Input on Police Department Budget
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- Nutter Home Loans and Tamara Day Announce Alliance
- Retirement Income Strategies Launches Virtual Educational Classes Amid Ongoing Economic Uncertainty
- Global Leader in Dock and Yard Management Solutions Releases its Latest White Paper, The Paperless Pandemic: How Ditching Documents Keeps People Safe
- The Nation's Leading Chiropractor Announces First Cutting-Edge Facility in Pennsylvania
- International Spy Reveals Secret Past/Future Concerns
- Investor Alert: Ademi LLP Investigates Possible Corporate Fraud of Nikola Corporation.
- Community First Health Plans Announces Theresa Scepanski as President and Chief Executive Officer
- City of Madison Issues Plea for All to Complete the Census Despite Confusion
- AUA College of Medicine Partners with Fisk University
- Eaton Hudson Contracted to Sell Fixed Assets of Holy Family College. Sale Starts September 28th
- Signs, designed with input from organic farmers, help prevent spraying of organic crops