Metro is currently running on Saturday schedule with select commuter service. While experiencing reduced ridership due to the stay at home order, Metro is still transporting nearly 4,000 people who work in essentials services, such as hospitals, or provision of food and other basic needs for members of our greater community. This week Metro will begin transporting those experiencing homelessness to shelters at different locations throughout the city. We appreciate the hard work our operators, mechanics and service lane employees are doing to make all this possible.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Madison: $5 Maximum per Day and First Hour Free on Saturdays in City-Owned Parking Garages
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Madison: Pride Survives
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
Traffic Engineering and Parking are working to support businesses during this time of hardship. This includes the suspension of on-street parking meter fees. It also include includes cordoning off loading zones so that restaurants can more easily provide takeout service.
Traffic Engineering and Parking are continuing other baseline services, such as keeping lights and traffic signals operational, garages open and clean, and issuing permits. Both divisions have instituted safety protocols that allow most staff to work from home, or work independently in the field as they keep the transportation system going. Some staff are being redeployed to other essential services within the City. Activities for late spring and summer are planned to continue, such as pavement marking and signing and opening of the Wilson Street garage. Traffic Engineering and Parking staff are continuing these preparations to keep our City's transportation system running this summer.
As the weather improves, I know there will be even more families and individuals using our shared paths, for walking, jogging and biking .As we work together to help keep our community healthy and safe, there are some tips we can all follow as we use Madison's shared-use paths.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Madison: Fight the Bite: Take Steps to Prevent West Nile Virus
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
Do not go out if you or someone in your household feels sick. If you are able to, choose less frequented paths, of go at less popular times. Always keep 6 feet away from people you do not live with, including when passing people. And if you use earbuds to listen to a portable device, keep the volume low enough to hear what is happening around you.
Lastly, due to concern for further spread of COVID-19, we encourage everyone to abide by new park rules and not engage in contact sports and keep in mind, for everyone's safety, playgrounds are closed.
We have amazing parks and wonderful paths to utilize as we all work together through this pandemic. Please maintain social distances, wash your hands and stay healthy.
- Katie Crawley608email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- The Retirement Advantage Expands Western Sales Staff
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Premier Medical Staffing Services, LLC Announces Move to Larger Office Space
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Announcing Winner of Box Latch™ Challenge # 1
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
- Certified Nutraceuticals , Inc is proud to partner with Princeton Consumer Research for a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study
- All Premium CBD Enters the Pain Relief Arena with CBDMEDIC Partnership
- Nutraceuticals & Agriceuticals Technology Company, Inc. Files For Patent Protection For Latest Invention Persimonal™ Persimmon Leaf Exctract- Powder