State law allows voters to submit absentee requests for up to one calendar year at a time. Voters who are confined to their home due to age or disability may submit a permanent absentee request covering all future elections.
Before requesting an absentee ballot, the Clerk's Office suggests that voters verify their registration at https://MyVote.wi.gov. Voters with a Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin ID card may update their registration online at https://MyVote.wi.gov. Voter registration is also available at the front desk of every City of Madison agency, including all Madison Public Library locations.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- Better Food for a Better Life with Floricon Partners
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- Official Release of "How I Beat Death, Disease, Divorce & Debt:"
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
Voters are not required to use a specific absentee request form. They may submit an absentee request online at https://MyVote.wi.gov, use the form on the Clerk's Office website, or send a note to the Clerk's Office. The request needs to include the voter name, voter registration address, address to which the ballot should be mailed, and a copy or picture of voter ID (if not already on file with the Clerk's Office).
The City Clerk's Office sends all absentee ballots to the polls to be counted on Election Day. In order for an absentee ballot to count, it must be returned early enough that the Clerk's Office receives it by Election Day, the absentee envelope must be sealed, the voter must sign the envelope, the voter's witness must sign the envelope, and the witness address must be listed on the envelope.
Voters may track the status of their absentee ballot request online at https://MyVote.wi.gov.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl(608) firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Respecting Choices® Becomes First Advance Care Planning Program to be Approved as an Evidence-Based Program by the Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- The SEE Team - Madison's Real Estate Team Receives 2020 Best of Middleton Award
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Tabak Law Selected as Top Workers' Compensation Firm in Milwaukee
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Madison: Snow Emergency Canceled
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- A Veteran TRA Regional Sales Consultant Returns
- Madison: Provisional Voters: Get Your Ballot Counted!
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful