The Snow Emergency Zone includes the isthmus (which lies between S. Park Street and the Yahara River) and it also includes the following neighborhoods:
- Greenbush Vilas Bay Creek Schenk-Atwood
Select streets within the Regent neighborhood will also be part of the Snow Emergency Zone for the winter of 2019/2020.
A map of the new Snow Emergency Zone can be found on the City of Madison Winter website.
What is the Snow Emergency Zone?
The Snow Emergency Zone (SEZ) are areas that must follow alternate side parking restrictions only during Declared Snow Emergencies.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Podcast Pioneer Launches First-Ever Combined Podcast Community, Coaching and Production Service
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
Individuals who park within the SEZ are exempt from daily alternate side parking rules. They must only abide by alternate side parking rules during Declared Snow Emergencies.
Streets within the SEZ are also part of the Clean Streets Clean Lakes street maintenance program. This means these streets have a posted once-weekly 4-hour parking restriction. This restriction must be followed year round regardless of weather conditions.
Why are only select streets within the Regent neighborhood part of the Snow Emergency Zone for this winter?
The expansion for the winter of 2019/2020 is the first phase of a larger snow emergency zone expansion that is due to be in place by the winter of 2020/2021.
For the winter of 2019/2020, the select streets within the Regent neighborhood already have the posted year-round 4-hour parking restrictions that is a condition for being part the Snow Emergency Zone.
The further expansion of the SEZ will start in 2020 as additional signage is installed.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Laser cutting delivers high-level accuracy for metal fabrication
- Brooks Bell Launches Inaugural Report, Setting Industry Standard for Experimentation Programs
- Road to Recovery: Epic's Risk-Scoring Algorithms Help Health Systems Get Back on Course After COVID-19 Shutdowns
- Women in Quantum Summit launch event
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
Individuals throughout Madison are strongly encouraged to sign up to receive email or text alerts to learn if a snow emergency has been declared.
The sign up for these alerts can be found at www.cityofmadison.com/winter.
Additional useful winter information can be found on the Winter website as well. Individuals can sign up to receive Snow Plow Updates, which are emails that explain how the Streets Division is responding to snow events. There is also information about how to apply salt safely, where to obtain free sand, and information on winter recreation opportunities.
- Bryan Johnson608email@example.com
Winter, Snow, Snow Emergency, Plowing
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Madison: Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway Joins Mayors for a Guaranteed Income
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Mask Up Madison
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Madison: Goodman Pool Set to Open July 15
- Moore Pet Announces New Product Release: The Apex Kennel Door
- Madison: Statement of Mayor Rhodes-Conway Regarding Federal Government Guidance for Foreign Student Visas
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Shareholder Alert: Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP Investigates whether National General Holdings Corporation has obtained a Fair Price in its transaction with Allstate
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Not Just Climate Change, It's Climate Crisis
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings