- UNice Hair Announces Black Friday 2022 Deals: Up To $100 Off
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Video Celebrating Christ at Christmas Is Out Now
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced a new directive for Community Testing Support Program (CTSP) partners to shift away from lab-based PCR testing to an antigen test model, in an effort to provide rapid results.
According to DHS, the purpose of this change is to "ensure testing availability at state-supported CTSP sites in the event of a COVID-19 surge and to meet community need."
"You can still access no cost COVID tests at our clinic, but if you're not having symptoms, you'll receive only a free rapid test. If you do have symptoms, expect to get two swabs during the appointment. Then, if the rapid test comes back negative, we'll send the confirmatory PCR swab into the lab to be tested," said Colton Ritchie, COVID testing director.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Mayor and Alders Propose to Allow More Development Near High Capacity Transit
- Nimble Therapeutics names Pete Gough as Chief Scientific Officer
- Ace Hardware Sees 33% Online Sales Increase For Cyber 5 Weekend In 2022
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Board Appoints Conor Moran to Lead Madison Public Library Foundation
Currently, rapid tests are approved for everyone ages 2 and older. PCR tests are approved for everyone over the age of 1. In order to provide testing for those in this age range, the new testing format will allow continued PCR testing with or without symptoms.
At-home rapid tests are also available to buy in stores, pharmacies, and online. Insurance companies, Medicaid (BadgerCare), and Medicare are required to reimburse up to eight tests per month, per member. Remember to report your positive test result to help Public Health better understand the level of COVID in our community.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Northwestern Mutual Strengthens Milwaukee's Cultural Scene with Nearly $3 Million in Grants
- Alder Syed Abbas Announces Resignation from Madison Common Council Effective December 1, 2022
- Madison: Nonpartisan program brings together election officials, designers, technologists, and other experts to support and celebrate excellence in U.S. election administration.
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
People who live in Wisconsin can also go to the Say Yes! COVID Test website and place an order for a package of five rapid antigen COVID-19 tests at no cost.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.publichealthmdc.com/testing. You can also follow @publichealthmdc on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on COVID-19.
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Massachusetts-based IOKA Skin+Science launches Cruelty-Free, Vegan, All-Natural Skincare Line
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards for October 2022
- City of Madison is a Top 10 Digital City!
- Bitcoin in Unique Leadership Position with Ethereum's Abandonment of Proof of Work*
- The Metal Shop Announces a Grand Celebration of its Successful 20-Year Milestone in The Metal Fabrication Business
- Madison: Reduced Service on November 24 & 25
- Madison: Hosts Virtual Public Meeting for Discussion December 7, 2023, 6:00 to 7:30 PM
- Madison: The final day for 2022 the Olin Avenue facility is Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Meta Investment and Management
- Vote on Product Hunt - $1 Million USD AesirX License Giveaway!
- 'Spot Detective' – Check your spots this summer
- CA CPS Defense Attorney, Walter Shaw, makes great momentum in protecting parental rights
- Madison: Passenger Rail Station Study Kick-off Meeting
- Sonic Foundry® Secures $8.5 Million in Debt Financing
- Madison: Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule for the 2022 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Replace Google Analytics for free with AesirX
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation' - National Technology Non-Profit, Qualify to Distribute Google Career Certificate Scholarships
- The Data Economics Company and Smallholder Data Services announce breakthrough in solving data traceability in regenerative agriculture
- New "Black Friday Knife Deals" Article Out Now. One Is Free?
- Certified Nutraceuticals' KollaJell™ Launches in Mexico Under Sesēn Company Brand First-of-its-kind jellyfish collagen