Thirteen proposals were funded, spanning communities across the City and providing much needed resources to organizations that are working tirelessly to serve the City's most vulnerable residents.
Funding was awarded to the following organizations:
Grocery Boxes and FoodBridge Grocery Support, The River Food Pantry, Inc.
Up to $5,000 to fund grocery boxes and FoodBridge Program packages (for seniors)
Serves all of Dane County (Based in Alder District 12)
Local Meal and Produce Delivery: Connecting the Northside to its Community Farm, Rooted WI, Inc.
Up to $4,500 to fund staff time, meal and delivery costs for home-delivered meals and food boxes using local produce
Alder District 12
Providing Meals to Elders during COVID-19 Emergency, Independent Living, Inc.
Up to $4,500 to fund home-delivered "Meals on Wheels" meals and staff time
Serves City-wide (Based in Alder District 11)
COVID-19 Response Initiative, Urban Triage Incorporated
Up to $5,000 to fund grocery gift cards, groceries, food truck expenses for pick-up meals, and delivery/admin costs
Serves Alder Districts 6, 12, 17, 18 (Based in Alder District 6)
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Safely Give Blood at Madison Public Library this Summer
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Madison: City's Streatery Program Growing Fast
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
Just Feeding Madison, Madison-area Urban Ministry, Inc.
Up to $3,000 to fund ingredients and staff time for Just Bakery to produce and donate >150 loaves of bread to area pantries
Serves multiple pantries City-wide (based in Alder District 17)
FEED to Go: Feeding Lake View Community School Families during COVID-19, Fiscal: Madison Northside Planning Council, Inc. c/o Lakeview Elementary School
Up to $5,000 to fund 'Feed-to-Go' meals prepared by local chefs and distributed to residents in Northside neighborhoods
Serves Alder Districts 12 and 18 (Based in Alder District 12)
People on Premises (POP) COVID-19 Grocery Delivery Program, Mellowhood Foundation, Inc.
Up to $5,000 to fund staff time and personal protective equipment related to grocery delivery in the Meadowood, Hammersley/Theresa Terrace, Park Ridge, Wexford Ridge, and Prairie Hills neighborhoods
Serves Alder Districts 9, 19 and 20 (based in Alder District 20)
Enhancing Food Access and Establishing Healthy Eating Habit through Early Childhood Education, Young Men's Christian Association of Dane County, Inc.
Up to $2,000 to fund meals through the YMCA Brown Bag Meal Program
Serves City-wide (Based in Alder Districts 15 and 19)
Darbo Pantry Project Expansion Plan, Center for Community Stewardship, Inc. c/o Darbo Pantry Project
Up to $2,500 to fund staff time for a Project Manager and Distribution Coordinator for the expansion of the Darbo Pantry Project, which delivers bags of local produce to Darbo – and with the expansion - Truax residents
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Madison: Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway Joins Mayors for a Guaranteed Income
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
Serves Alder Districts 6 and 15 (Based in Alder District 6)
COVID-19 Bayview Community Food Access and Distribution Program, Bayview Foundation, Inc.
Up to $3,500 to fund pre-packaged meals provided to Bayview-area residents
Alder District 13
Food Emergency Initiative in support of Early Childhood Healthy Eating, Kids Forward, Inc.
Up to $4,500 to fund staff time and stipends for Early Childhood Education (ECE) providers to manage ECE food distribution program
Serves City-wide (Based in Alder District 4)
Farm Manager Support for Madison Area Food Pantry Gardens' Forward Garden Expansion, Madison Area Food Pantry Gardens, Inc.
Up to $4,000 to fund staff time (farm manager) for food pantry gardens expansion
Serves City-wide (Based in Alder District 10)
Creation of Mamie's Garden, Urban League of Greater Madison, Inc. c/o 'Mamie's Garden'
Up to $1,500 to fund "neighborhood harvest garden" establishment costs (materials, seeds, soil amendments)
Alder District 14
"As we deal with the ramifications of COVID-19 in our city, one thing is clear. Our community-based organizations are absolutely crucial to connecting Madison residents – especially those most in need of assistance – with the resources they need to feed their families," said Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway. "The City stands as a partner with these organizations, providing and leveraging much needed resources so they can continue to serve and assist our residents through these challenging times."
Since 2014, the City of Madison SEED Grants have distributed $350,000 to over 60 organizations working to promote food systems education and increase food access.
- George Reistad608email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Flip the Switch: Blending new and old, Solar installation on Historic Madison Municipal Building
- Madison: Street Closure--Rieder Road
- Public Health Madison & Dane County Releases New Orders Requiring Face Coverings
- It's never too late for central air conditioner installation
- Gold Illusion 3 by Trestle debuts two great new games
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- We Energies Foundation donates $100,000 to Milwaukee 'Rebuild and Revitalize' effort
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- Sustainable Madison Committee Statement of Solidarity with Black Lives Matter