Street Division crews worked 11 hours both days of the weekend collecting leaves. And street sweepers ran for 34 hours in a row, from 7:00am Saturday until 5:00pm Sunday, collecting as much debris and leaves from the road as possible.
By the end of the shifts on Sunday, Streets Division crews collected approximately 1,580.5 tons of leaves.
That's the equivalent of 263 Asian elephants or 126 school buses.
And there is still more yet to be collected.
The Streets Division intends to continue collecting leaves for as long as the weather allows. Residents that have leaf piles at the curb already can leave them in place until crews can rotate into the neighborhood for another collection.
Residents waiting for another break in the weather to rake may want to choose to take their leaves to a drop-off site rather than placing them at the curb. The weather this fall has been volatile, and it is hard to predict when a winter storm will require the Streets Division to halt leaf collection operations until the spring.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Podcast Pioneer Launches First-Ever Combined Podcast Community, Coaching and Production Service
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
For additional information about yard waste collection, visit www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste.
- Bryan Johnson608email@example.com
Leaves, Streets Division, Leaf Collection, Yard Waste
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- R&B's Troy Tyler Drops His Latest Single, "Good Good"
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Running Rebels Receives Generous Donation From Milwaukee-Based Commercial Real Estate Firm Phoenix Investors
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Dixon, Honda Now Three for Three with Road America Victory
- City of Madison Parking Restriction Update
- African American Athlete Turned Author Transforms Passion for Triathlons into a Children's Book
- Madison: Requesting an Absentee Ballot for the Partisan Primary
- Wisconsin Cheese Wins American Marketing Association Brand Smart Grand Champion Award
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Safely Give Blood at Madison Public Library this Summer
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Madison: City's Streatery Program Growing Fast
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Madison: Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway Joins Mayors for a Guaranteed Income