The year-long trial on the 100 and 10 blocks of N. Bassett St. is the first-of-its kind in Madison. During the trial, the City will monitor how the public uses the lane from a safety and functionality perspective, while also tracking how the lane is maintained for plowing, street sweeping and refuse collection. The City wants to hear from the public on all aspects of its use. Once the data has been collected, it will serve to inform changes to the existing parking protected lanes, and help the City plan and design future locations where this style lane would be successful.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens New Urgent Care Clinic in Tucker, GA
- Investor Alert: Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP Investigates Possible Securities Fraud of Canopy Growth Corporation
- Schneider Donates Trucks to Attract New Drivers and Updates Training Fleets at CDL Schools
- Process Technology Wins Respected Fast Track 50 Award!
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
Please submit comments related to the trial to:
Renee Callaway, City of Madison Pedestrian and Bicycle Administrator, email@example.com.
General Reminders for Safe Travel
A protected bike lane functions differently than traditional traffic, parking and biking patterns. The protected bike lane is located directly next to the curb, and the parking lane is between the bike lane and travel lane.
- Ride in the direction of traffic. Yield to pedestrians and wheelchair users who are crossing the protected bike lane. Watch for turning vehicles when approaching intersections and driveways. Keep right to allow for faster bicyclists and use the left side of the lane to pass safely.
If a pedestrian:
- Always cross the street at a crosswalk. Be vigilant when crossing a bike lane and at other locations, such as when entering and exiting vehicles. The protected bike lane is intended for bicycles only. Use the sidewalk for all activities when traveling along the street.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- Telaeris et Coppernic s'associent pour fournir une solution d'authentification de l'identité en Europe
- EasyIO introduces a new breed of Building Controller
- After 83 years, Kramer again owned by a Woman
- Do you love to cook? Eat? master chef tuscan style home for sale
- Only park in areas designated for the parking of vehicles. Learn about protected bike lanes and how they work. The bike lane is separated from the parking lane with the use of bollards and paint to help people find the appropriate place to park. If for any reason the bollards are not in place, use the pavement markings as guidelines, and do not park in the bicycle designated lane. Use care when loading and unloading your vehicle. Be aware of any approaching traffic and bicyclists.
- Look out for bicyclists before turning across the bike lane or pulling out of a driveway. Bicyclists have the right-of-way at Dayton Street, Mifflin Street and at all driveways and alleys. Always yield to people riding in bike lanes and to pedestrians in crosswalks. Do not drive in or block the bike lane at any time.
For additional information about protected bike lanes and upcoming projects, visit www.cityofmadison.com/bikeMadison/
- Renee Callaway, City of Madison Pedestrian and Bicycle Administratorrecallaway@cityofmadison.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- Mind mapping software boosts executive productivity and creativity by 30%: Survey
- Madison: Amazing Results from Weekend Leaf Collection & Sweeping Operations
- Madison: What Can You Put in the Recycling Cart?
- Wildeck, Inc. to Showcase Suite of Access Products at MODEX 2020
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Madison: Snow Emergency Zone Expands
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Madison: Alternate Side Parking Begins November 15 at 1am
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
- Formnext 2019: DigiFabster expands its Sales & Execution Software Platform to provide 'One-Stop-Shop' solution for manufacturing companies
- Game-changing real estate lending platform offers win-win solution for homebuyers, lenders
- How To Qualify The Right Electromechanical Company In Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- MiaSolé Breaks World Record Again: Large Area Flexible Photovoltaic Module with 18.64% Efficiency
- Madison: Street Sweepers to Operate Around the Clock this Weekend