The year-long trial on the 100 and 10 blocks of N. Bassett St. is the first-of-its kind in Madison. During the trial, the City will monitor how the public uses the lane from a safety and functionality perspective, while also tracking how the lane is maintained for plowing, street sweeping and refuse collection. The City wants to hear from the public on all aspects of its use. Once the data has been collected, it will serve to inform changes to the existing parking protected lanes, and help the City plan and design future locations where this style lane would be successful.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
- InFlight Labs Develops FIRST "GADSS" Aircraft-wide Remote Control for ELT, SATCOM, and ADS-B Distress Tracking Systems
- Students Rising Above Welcomes Elizabeth Jordan Devaney as Chief Executive Officer
Please submit comments related to the trial to:
Renee Callaway, City of Madison Pedestrian and Bicycle Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Reminders for Safe Travel
A protected bike lane functions differently than traditional traffic, parking and biking patterns. The protected bike lane is located directly next to the curb, and the parking lane is between the bike lane and travel lane.
- Ride in the direction of traffic. Yield to pedestrians and wheelchair users who are crossing the protected bike lane. Watch for turning vehicles when approaching intersections and driveways. Keep right to allow for faster bicyclists and use the left side of the lane to pass safely.
If a pedestrian:
- Always cross the street at a crosswalk. Be vigilant when crossing a bike lane and at other locations, such as when entering and exiting vehicles. The protected bike lane is intended for bicycles only. Use the sidewalk for all activities when traveling along the street.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Laying Foundations for Future Growth
- Phoenix demonstrates highest possible neutron image quality at new NDT facility
- FIX Music Rewards Launches Next Generation Artist Tools
- 3x Award-winning Book "Love Loss Light" Speaks to Those in Grief
- Mister Kaplan Investments, LLC Acquires Pelican Cove Vacation Condo at Landmark Resort
- Only park in areas designated for the parking of vehicles. Learn about protected bike lanes and how they work. The bike lane is separated from the parking lane with the use of bollards and paint to help people find the appropriate place to park. If for any reason the bollards are not in place, use the pavement markings as guidelines, and do not park in the bicycle designated lane. Use care when loading and unloading your vehicle. Be aware of any approaching traffic and bicyclists.
- Look out for bicyclists before turning across the bike lane or pulling out of a driveway. Bicyclists have the right-of-way at Dayton Street, Mifflin Street and at all driveways and alleys. Always yield to people riding in bike lanes and to pedestrians in crosswalks. Do not drive in or block the bike lane at any time.
For additional information about protected bike lanes and upcoming projects, visit www.cityofmadison.com/bikeMadison/
- Renee Callaway, City of Madison Pedestrian and Bicycle Administratorrecallaway@cityofmadison.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- A modern conference table can make you fall in love with meetings again
- Madison: Public Statement of the Board of Police and Fire Commissioners
- Winter is emergency furnace repair season in Green Bay
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- Associated Bank Unveils Rebranding and Redevelopment Plans for New Associated Bank River Center
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection