- SiliconExpert Teams with AMSYS LCM to Deliver Secure, Real-Time, Accurate Component Information Solutions
- Madison Senior Center & Wisconsin Singers Invite You to Celebrate "Giving Tuesday"!
- Gardasil Attorneys Allege HPV Vaccine Caused Girl to Develop POTS
Key components to the City's Active Traffic Management System include:
- Traffic Management Center, a facility housed at the City's Traffic Engineering office in downtown Madison, featuring a video wall for engineers and operators to remotely monitor traffic and can make changes to devices in the field.
- Fiber Network Communication, a sub-system by which, information is transmitted to devices and shared with other facilities around the City.
- Traffic Surveillance, this capability is provided by online congestion mapping and strategically placed cameras that are trained on the City's transportation network to provide visual verification of operations.
- Advanced Traffic Signal Management Software, an application that allow engineers an ability to respond and adapt traffic signals to changing conditions.
- Asset Management, to coordinate staffing resources and information related to traffic engineering infrastructure around the City.
- Traveler Information, a Waze-based application that allows City staff to share incident information with road users.
The project was recognized for providing a relatively low cost solution to use technology and active traffic management to reduce congestion, enhance safety, and improve the overall utility of Madison's transportation network to support continued growth of the area in a cost effective and more sustainable manner. Most recently, the system was used to actively manage signal timing at many intersections in response to changing travel demands resulting from COVID-19, such as to shorten the signal cycle length, to adjust green time based on reduced traffic demand, and to automatically bring up walk signals without the need for pedestrians and bicyclists to push a button. Not only does this system provide solutions to issues that arise today, it also positions Madison to be better able to adapt to growth and technological challenges in the future.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- Madison: Metro Transit Operates Reduced Service on November 26-27
- The Manitowoc Company to Present at Credit Suisse 8th Annual Virtual Industrials Conference on Thursday, December 3, 2020
- Madison: Last Saturday for the Streets Division Drop-off Sites is November 28, 2020
- Madison: Fluffy, Slushy Snow Arrives, Brush Up on Salt Use in 3 Easy Steps
Traffic Engineering extends thanks to the vendors providing the technology and other city agencies involved in the project, such as Information Technology, City Engineering, Finance and Attorney's Office. The award was presented to Dr. Yang Tao's team at the recent ITS Wisconsin's Virtual Transportation Conference. More information on the project can be found in the award acceptance video produced by the City's media team
- Graham Heitz, City of Madison Traffic Engineering, Traffic Engineer 4, email@example.com
- Tom Mohr, City of Madison Traffic Engineering, Traffic Engineer 3, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- HexGn & Africa Islamic Economic Foundation Team up to Train 100,000 Youth in Africa for Innovation Economy
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- Madison Parks Calendar Photography Winners Announced
- Primex Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Storage Temperature Monitoring Solutions
- Madison: Refuse & Recycling Collection Schedule for the 2020 Thanksgiving Holiday
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
- GE Healthcare Announces First X-ray AI to Help Assess Endotracheal Tube Placement for COVID-19 Patients
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- Exact Sciences to participate in December investor conference
- NAC Welcomes New OCC Proposed Rule To Help Provide Access to Banking Services for ATM Operators
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Stetson University
- Madison: Public Health Issues Order #10 Amendment to Clarify Definition of Mass Gathering
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Midland East Celebrates Topping Off
- As States Roll Out New Lockdowns, Batteries Plus Bulbs Introduces Online Scheduling and Contactless Auto Battery Installation
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- Silva Non Skid Solutions Offers Silvagrip For Long Lasting Nonskid Surfaces
- Form 8.3 - Codemasters Group Holdings PLC
- AnimalPride.com Taps the NEW Zoo as Recipient of Proceeds from its 1st Annual Giving Day
- Blue Heart Records Signs Award Winning Singer/Songwriter/Pianist Veronica Lewis