- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - 2783
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q2 2021
- Sensient Declares Dividend
Established in 1933 by the Goodman brothers, Robert and Irwin, Goodman's Jewelers remain in its original historic State Street location. In 1998, long-time employee, John Hayes purchased Goodman's Jewelers from the brothers. Today, John and his wife Catherine continue to honor the Goodman brothers by sponsoring the pool admission for the first 500 kids on opening day.
"Goodman's Jewelers is proud to continue this tradition in honor of Bob and Irwin by opening the Goodman Pool for the 2021 season," said John Hayes.
Irwin and Bob Goodman were long-time supporters of many organizations in Madison, including Madison Parks. Their donation of $2.8 million for the construction of the pool was just the incentive needed for Madison's first municipal pool to open in 2006.
Even after the pool's opening, their legacy continues today by providing scholarships for pool admissions and lessons through the Irwin A. and Robert D. Goodman Foundation and the Madison Parks Foundation. Scholarships are available for the 2021 season and more information may be found on the pool's website.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Partnership between Agropalma (Brazil) and Ciranda (U.S.) expands availability of organic palm oil in North America to meet growing demand
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
The Goodman Pool, located at 325 W. Olin Ave., is open daily, weather permitting with a few continued adjustments for the 2021 season. All guests are asked to review the Rules & Expectations, before visiting to learn of this season's modifications. Tot Swim and Lap Swim begin Saturday, June 12.
2021 Adjustments Overview
- Arrive ready to swim – Lockers and changing areas are closed.
- Pack a chair – Deck chairs are not provided.
- Bring a water bottle – Touch-free water fill stations are provided.
- No food or beverages may be brought inside the gates to the pool area. Picnics may be enjoyed in the park, outside the pool gates. Re-entry passes are available.
- 500 person capacity – Consider limiting your visit to 2-hours.
The capacity of the Goodman Pool is currently set at 500 persons. This is an increase over last year's 250 person limit, however, is a reduction from the overall capacity limit of 1,000 persons. In talking about his goals for the season, Josh Schmitt, Aquatic Supervisor said, "Staff's number one priority is always to provide the safest experience for our pool guests. As we ease into the 2021 season, we will continue to monitor the capacity and ask guests to consider limiting their visit to just 2-hours."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Urban Forestry Reminds Residents to Water Newly Planted Trees
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- Recover Losses: Ademi LLP Investigates Claims of Securities Fraud against ATI Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Guitarist Steven Meyer New Solo Guitar Single Release: "Scarborough Fair"
For hours, prices, information on lessons, scholarships, online purchasing options, and what to know before your visit, please visit the Goodman Pool website.
- Media Contact: Ann Shea, Parks Public Information Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goodman Pool, (608) 264-9292, email@example.com
Goodman Pool, Madison Parks
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- MGN Logistics Acquires California Based Niche Freight Brokerage
- Madison: Pinney Library Welcomes Its First Artist-in-Residence
- Madison: August Moving Days: How to Set Out Appliances, Furniture, & Other Large Items for Collection
- Associated Bank named 2021 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award Recipient
- Market Maker Agriculture launches podcast series on seasonal businesses
- Former Isagenix CEO and ConAgra Brands Executive Joins CEO Coaching International®
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sensient Declares Dividend
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- Madison: August Moving Days: Recycling Electronics
- Murphy Door CEO Launches NEW Podcast "90 Proof Wisdom with Jeremy G Barker"
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Madison: 2021 Wright Award Recipient Named
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- ADSBexchange.com Releases Flight Data for Oshkosh 2021