Physical distancing may mean substantially altering what you do each day but it's critical to prevent the spread of COVID-19. What you do and don't do fundamentally impacts our community's health and well-being.
Stay home as much as possible. This means not leaving your home unless absolutely necessary. No playdates, no visiting the neighbors, no group sports. Plan your shopping trips well and stock up for a week or two at a time. Many local businesses are switching to phone or online sales with delivery or curbside pick-up.
Continue strong everyday prevention measures. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or your elbow. Don't touch your face. Clean frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, keyboards, phones and counters.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- MSI Elevates Field Service Satisfaction with Service Pro Customer Experience
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
If you're working at an essential service outside your home: Spread out at work - at least six feet from others. If you have an office, keep your door closed. Make sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These tips and more are available from the Public Health Madison & Dane County website. I urge you to check back in often to that site and to the City of Madison website. You can find COVID-19 updates there and on my blog. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook as well.
We will get through this together, but we need everyone to do everything they can to prevent the spread of this virus. Take care of yourselves and take care of each other (at a distance!).
- Katie Crawley608-335-7071
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Attorney Andrea Davis Opens Regional Law Firm
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Regal Beloit Corporation Announces Publication of 2020 Sustainability Report
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Madison: Vilas Park Drive Reopens to Vehicles for Democracy in the Park
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- OnMilwaukee Evolves as Technology and COVID Changes Audience Expectations
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Madison: Clerk's Office Releases Podcast Series on National Voter Registration Day
- "Destiny Starter" - Free to Download on Amazon for 5 Days (until 9/26/2020)
- Madison: Public Safety Review Committee Invites Public Input on Police Department Budget
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software