Physical distancing may mean substantially altering what you do each day but it's critical to prevent the spread of COVID-19. What you do and don't do fundamentally impacts our community's health and well-being.
Stay home as much as possible. This means not leaving your home unless absolutely necessary. No playdates, no visiting the neighbors, no group sports. Plan your shopping trips well and stock up for a week or two at a time. Many local businesses are switching to phone or online sales with delivery or curbside pick-up.
Continue strong everyday prevention measures. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or your elbow. Don't touch your face. Clean frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, keyboards, phones and counters.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Managecore to Host Live Virtual Meet Up Series Every Tuesday and Thursday for SAP Community
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- AIS – All Integrated Solutions, Announces Its Supplier of the Year Award
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
If you're working at an essential service outside your home: Spread out at work - at least six feet from others. If you have an office, keep your door closed. Make sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These tips and more are available from the Public Health Madison & Dane County website. I urge you to check back in often to that site and to the City of Madison website. You can find COVID-19 updates there and on my blog. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook as well.
We will get through this together, but we need everyone to do everything they can to prevent the spread of this virus. Take care of yourselves and take care of each other (at a distance!).
- Katie Crawley608-335-7071
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- Madison: Actualización – Ciertas Restricciones de Estacionamiento en la Calle Temporalmente Suspendidas
- Madison: Update – Certain On-Street Parking Restrictions Temporarily Suspended
- Madison: CORRECTED Polling Place Listing for April 7
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Madison: Declaración de la Alcaldesa Rhodes-Conway con relación al COVID-19 y el Transporte
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- Madison: April 1 is Census Day
- Madison: City of Fitchburg Street Reconstruction--Fish Hatchery Road
- Additional Information Regarding The MGIC Investment Corporation Annual Meeting Of Shareholders To Be Held On Thursday, April 23, 2020
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Gempler's Ensures Employee Safety and Keeps Commitments to Essential Service Providers
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on Transportation in Regards to COVID-19
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Madison: Polling Place Listing for April 7
- Trace-A-Matic Expands 5-Axis Machining Automation