"Our goal is to never reach a time when there is a shortage of hospital resources, including ICU beds and breathing machines, for patients in need," said John R. Raymond, Sr., MD, president and CEO of MCW. "Every individual action counts. People wearing a cloth face covering in public places like the grocery store or pharmacy will help to flatten the curve, by reducing the spread of COVID-19."
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- Pioneer Metal Finishing announces launch of Surface Engineering Academy™
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The cloth face covering does not eliminate the need to continue social distancing. It is recommended to remain six feet away from others.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, MCW recommends all the following actions:
- Maintain social distancing, remaining six feet away from others; Clean hands frequently (soap and water for at least 20 seconds or hand sanitizer); Wear a cloth face covering in public over mouth and nose (this can be a scarf, bandana or a cloth mask). Even with the cloth face covering on, continue to use social distancing, remaining six feet away from others; Before and after putting on cloth face covering, wash hands with soap and water; Do not touch the cloth face covering while it is being worn; Do not touch face, eyes, nose, or mouth, even when wearing a cloth face covering; Save N95 masks, surgical grade masks and face shields for healthcare workers.
MCW also strongly urges all individuals to comply with Wisconsin's "Safer at Home" orders, as our region still has several more weeks before we reach our projected peak of positive cases of COVID-19.
SOURCE Medical College of Wisconsin
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- CarHop Closing Pennsylvania Locations
- Two New Studies Confirm BLIS M18™ Effective Against Black Teeth Staining
- Colorado Functional Chewing Gum Brands Now Available Touch-Free; The New Normal is Helping to Expand a New Category
- New Book Offers Hands-On Guidance to Female Investors at Early Stage of Investing
- Green Energy Exchange Closes Financing with Shell Energy
- NS4ed Designs a Customized Career Readiness Portal for National Rural Education Association
- Lineus Medical Awarded Key Patent
- Compassion Launches Global Initiative to Combat the Havoc Wreaked by COVID-19
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business & Executive Coach Bruce Russell
- Clarios completes private offering of $500 million 6.750% senior secured notes due 2025
- MBK Senior Living Acquires Kirkwood Orange Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Michael Brown joins the Qnext Board Advisory Team and Brings Significant Insight on Applying Cybersecurity & Zero Trust Remote Access to Public Sector
- Snapdragon Flowers is Open in Elm Grove, Wis.!
- Symplast Partners with ChangeWell Training Academy to Present Three-Course Webinar Series Focused on Mastering Video Post-COVID
- U.S. Army Selects DiSTI to Build C-RAM II Operator and Maintenance Trainer (OMT)
- CRH Healthcare hires Veteran Operator as COO
- Onlive Server Launched Japan VPS Hosting with Cloud Computing Control Panel
- Student Essay Contest, Hosted By Humanist Canada, Call for Submissions
- Coherent Logix Joins the Edge AI and Vision Alliance
- Employers, drivers must meet federal DOT drug testing guidelines