The Madison Finance Committee also passed a budget amendment in October 2019 to pay for a reimbursement program for clients of the Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) nutrition program.
Families who participate in the WIC program and live in the City of Madison are eligible to receive a $40 Visa gift card. The program went into effect on January 21, 2020. Families must provide proof that they paid their vehicle registration in 2020. Proof of payment is the Certificate of Vehicle Registration that comes with the license plate tags. Families can receive a gift card for each vehicle they register.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- Better Food for a Better Life with Floricon Partners
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- Official Release of "How I Beat Death, Disease, Divorce & Debt:"
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
"Many people think of WIC as being solely a food and nutrition program, but we do much more than that," says Katrina Harwood, WIC's Public Health Supervisor. "It is our responsibility to be a liaison between our clients and community resources, and we are very excited to be part of this initiative."
The gift cards are available during scheduled WIC appointments and are also available on a walk-in basis during normal WIC clinic hours.
To be eligible for the WIC program you must be a Wisconsin resident, be pregnant or have a child under five years old, and meet income guidelines. To learn more about WIC eligibility, visit publichealthmdc.com/WIC or call 608-267-1111.
- Public Health Media Line(608) firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Respecting Choices® Becomes First Advance Care Planning Program to be Approved as an Evidence-Based Program by the Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- The SEE Team - Madison's Real Estate Team Receives 2020 Best of Middleton Award
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Tabak Law Selected as Top Workers' Compensation Firm in Milwaukee
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Madison: Snow Emergency Canceled
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- A Veteran TRA Regional Sales Consultant Returns
- Madison: Provisional Voters: Get Your Ballot Counted!
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful