The drop boxes are made for the sole purpose of ballot collection, and are manufactured with a minimum of ¼" steel. The seams are fully welded to prevent damage and tampering.
The last ballot box pick-up will occur by 5:00pm the day before Election Day, and the slots will be closed and locked at that time. Voters will be directed to drop their absentee ballot off at their polling place on Election Day if they still have it.
Anticipating that these boxes will be a very popular option for City of Madison absentee voters this weekend, the City Clerk's Office has scheduled two pick-ups for each location this Saturday and Sunday: the first pick-up will happen by 1:00pm and the second pick-up will happen by 5:00pm. Clerk's Office staff will determine if more than one pick-up time will be necessary after this weekend.
Sworn election officials will pick-up ballots from the secure drop boxes and deliver them directly back to the Clerk's Office. The election officials will be wearing City of Madison Clerk high-visibility vests and nametags. They will count the number of ballots they are picking up, place them in a bag and secure the bag with a tamper-evident seal. The number of ballots and the seal number of the bag will be noted on the chain of custody form specific to that ballot box location. The chain of custody form will be returned back to the Clerk's Office with the ballots, and Clerk's Office staff will confirm the seal number of the bag and the number of ballots returned.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway Selects Reuben Sanon as Deputy Mayor
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Northwestern Mutual Announces Record $6.2 Billion Dividend Payout to Policyowners
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
The City of Madison absentee ballot drop boxes are for City of Madison voters. Voters in other municipalities should seek information from their own municipal clerk about how to safely return their absentee ballot.
The City Clerk's Office would like to thank the Department of Planning, the Madison Fire Department, Madison Parks, City of Madison Traffic Engineering, and City of Madison Engineering for all of their help in determining locations and in coordinating the installation of the drop boxes.
City of Madison Absentee Ballot Drop Box Locations
Station 1: 316 W Dayton St
Box is located just east of the main driveway.
Station 2: 421 Grand Canyon Dr
Box is located on west side of Grand Teton Pkwy before the station's back driveway.
Station 3: 1217 Williamson St
Box is located in small garden just outside station front door. Walk-up traffic only.
Station 4: 1437 Monroe St
Box is located just east of driveway right across from the badger at Camp Randall. Just beneath the Madison: Solar America City sign.
Station 5: 4418 Cottage Grove Rd
Box is located on Atlas Ave between the bus stop and the station's back driveway.
Station 6: 825 W Badger Rd
Box is located behind station on west side of Perry St just south of Madison College driveway.
Station 8: 3945 Lien Rd
Box is located east of station on east side of Parkside Dr.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- InControl Medical LLC to Launch Regulation D (506c) for Significant Growth Initiative
- Insivia Re-launches SaaS Founder Show
- PrimeArray Systems is thrilled to offer the must-have NAS features of 2021
Station 9: 201 N Midvale Blvd
Box is located behind station on west side of Meadow Ln.
Station 10: 1517 Troy Dr
Box is located on north side of station near the intersection of Troy Dr and Hanover St.
Station 11: 4011 Morgan Way
Box is located behind station on east side of Crossing Pl between station driveway and intersection of Crossing Pl and Nelson Rd.
Station 12: 400 South Point Rd
Box is located just north of station on South Point Rd near intersection of South Point Rd and Briar Haven Dr.
Station 13: 6350 Town Center Dr
Box is located just east of station driveway on north side of Town Center Dr.
Station 14: 3201 Dairy Dr
Box is located just north of station driveway near intersection of Dairy Dr and Prairie Dock Dr.
Elver Park Shelter: 1250 McKenna Blvd
Box is located in island of the circle drive near the park shelter.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl, (608) 266-4601, email@example.com
Presidential Election 2020
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Filene Launches Center of Excellence to Measure Community Development in Financial Services
- Gempler's Launches Private Label Brand: Sugar River
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Mayor Announces Interim General Manager of Madison Water Utility
- Exact Sciences Commends Task Force for Draft Updated Guidelines that include Colorectal Cancer Screening Beginning at Age 45
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Inlanta Mortgage's Paul Buege Receives HousingWire's 2020 Vanguard Award
- City of Madison Invites Observers to Pre-Election Meeting
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- Former Transportation Executive Opens Leadership Consulting, Inclusion Training Firm
- Everyone On Madison offers free computer classes and free computers at Madison Public Library
- Madison: Absentee Ballots Available for Hospitalized Voters
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
- Exact Sciences Announces Entry into Agreements to Sell $869 Million of Common Stock in Registered Direct Offering