- North American Specialty Laminations ("NASL") Taps Industry Veteran Eric Spence to Lead National Business Development and Marketing Efforts
- PAN AMERICA 1250 MIVV proposes it with SPEED EDGE
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity
"I am delighted that the President recognized Madison as a national leader on climate action and reducing harmful greenhouse gases. We couldn't do it without the strong partnership of the White House and the federal Department of Transportation," said Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway.
Madison's planned bus rapid transit (BRT) system will be fully electric. The City placed an order for the zero emission buses in the summer of 2022. They are expected to begin arriving summer of 2023, while BRT will launch in 2024.
With each of Metro's current buses using approximately 5,000 gallons of diesel each year, electric buses are expected to conserve nearly a quarter million gallons of fuel annually. Without diesel engines, transmissions, intakes or exhaust systems, electric vehicles can also save up to $125,000 in maintenance costs per vehicle during the lifetime of the bus.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Celebrate Portfolio Company's Successful NFT Sellout
- "Murdaugh Murders Podcast" Launches Spinoff "Cup of Justice" and Skyrockets to Apple's #1 Podcast
- CPAC 2023 Congressional Candidate Forum Meet and Greet March 2nd at the historic University Club in DC
- IoT Observatory to host Plenary Session at 2023 InsurTech Hartford Symposium
- Eliza Neals "Candy Store" new spring single out February 14th Valentines Day 2023!
Converting Metro's fleet to electric is one of the most important things the City can do to take climate action. Transportation is responsible for about 40% of Madison's greenhouse gas emissions and diesel exhaust is a significant contributor to childhood asthma and other health conditions.
Mayor Rhodes-Conway attended the US Conference of Mayors this week. She also took the gavel as the national Chair of US Climate Mayors, a group of over 500 Mayors working to accelerate climate action in the United States.
Transcript of Biden Remarks
BIDEN: Transportation Secretary Pete is here. Look, we know the -- better known as "Mayor Pete" -- (laughter) -- but he's working with many of you to address those quality-of-life issues that really matter to people you serve, not just through big bridges and highway projects, but through -- though they're important -- but also through smaller projects that are critical to your cities. Like in Madison, Wisconsin, where Mayor Rhodes-Conway is buying 46 electric buses, replacing those dirty diesels -- bad for the health of the environment and making it clear. No, I'm serious. It's a big deal. (Applause.) There you are, okay. (Applause.)
MAYOR RHODES-CONWAY: Thank you, Mr. President.
THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you. And it means our kids aren't going to be inhaling that diesel fumes when they get off the bus. For real. It matters. Environmentally, it matters, as well.
This press release was originally sent out on 1/22/2023.
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Photography Book Makes Black History Month Fun
- Historic Groundbreaking Documentary About Women Marathoners Released for Black History Month
- 3DMyRental Launches Professional 3D Floor Plan Services for Airbnb Hosts: A Game-Changing Solution for Property Rentals
- Best Online End-Of-Season Clearance Sale at Sunber Hair: $56 For A Lace Wig
- Madison Declares Snow Emergency; Overnight Alternate Side Parking Rules In Effect Citywide
- All Madison Streets to be Plowed; No Snow Emergency Declared
- UNice Hair Partners With Awin Affiliate Marketing Network To Accelerate Business Growth
- Madison: Community support: Resources available following release of video in Tyre Nichols' case
- My Lineage Proudly Supports Knights of Heroes
- Madison: Statement by Mayor Rhodes-Conway on Death of Tyre Nichols
- First Business Bank Announces 15% Increase in Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and $5 Million Buyback Program
- Concrete Flooring Specialist Discusses Styles for Commercial Epoxy Flooring
- Madison: Chief Barnes issues statement ahead of police video release in Tyre Nichols' case
- Madison: Plow Name Election Ends February, 3, 2023
- The Town Of Sun Village California Makes History As The First Black Tribal Township In North America
- Flawless Torres ft. Diamonique x Sean Kingston Releases "Lets Go" on 1/27/23!
- We're In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino's Newly Released Song and Video
- Abusive Russian to face Pro Wrestling Legend!
- Jim Wilson, Top Notch Realtor in waterfront and beach properties in Redington, Redington Shores, and North Redington Beach, FLorida
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers