The painting on the street causes a traffic hazard by covering the double yellow traffic lines and obscuring the pedestrian crossings.
However, due to protests at the site today, and concern for the safety of both the workers and protesters alike, the removal process has stopped.
More on Wisconsin Eagle
- Inc. Magazine Unveils Its Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies—the Inc. 5000
- Durham Record Label Maison Fauna Announces Its First Release
- Madison: Demolition of Government East Garage to start week of August 17th
- Public Health Madison & Dane County Announcing Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
- Madison: Provisional Voters: Get Your Ballot Counted!
It is already apparent that this will be an expensive project as removing paint from just one street is expected to cost approximately $8,000.The Streets Division will continue to work on ways to address safety issues in the areas where streets have been painted.
- Bryan Johnson, email@example.com
Latest on Wisconsin Eagle
- Evolve IP® Named For Eighth Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Statement on the Eastside Shooting
- Arrow Organics Reveals 20:1 CBD to THC Product Line
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Launches New Service: Rapid Deployment Solutions
- Madison: Press Advisory: Stop the Violence & Protect our Youth
- Titletown Manufacturing works with customers to create perfect parts
- Vizient Awards Contract to Surfacide for UV-C Solution That Can Help Hospitals Combat COVID-19
- Annual MSP 501 Identifies Best-in-Class Global MSP Businesses & Leading Trends in Managed Services
- Robinson's new portable fuel trailer is a hit at the lake
- Printers rely on MECA for print sleeves that enhance performance
- Our Madison-Moving Forward Together: Mayor Rhodes-Conway to Address the City on Thursday
- Wisconsin company targets parents with 'unlosable' face masks integrated into children's clothing
- Pvilion Awarded $1.5 Million USAF Phase II SBIR Contract for Autonomously Deployable Structures
- U.S. Army Awards DiSTI $10M Delivery Order for JLTV Trainers
- VORAGO Technologies announces family expansion and size reduction of radiation-hardened Arm® Cortex® MCUs into BGA packages for Defense and Aerospace
- Madison: Voting in the Partisan Primary
- CU Xpress Lease Expands into Northern California
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
- Crossover Publications announces 9/11/2020 release date for Make America Saved Again
- Madison: Mayor Rhodes-Conway's Letter to the Wisconsin Public Service Commission Requesting an Extension of the Moratorium on Utility Disconnections